Rescue Part 1

Luke's POV.

The ship landed inside the space station. "What do we do now?" Luke asked in panic. Ben looked over to Han. "Your a smuggler right? So you must have special compartments to smuggle things in. Where are thy?" He asked. Han looked at Ben as if he was crazy. "Come on."

He walked over near the entrance of the ship. "They're here." He picked up a panel of the floor. Inside was a small space. "Quickly, inside." Ben instructed. Luke began to climb inside. "This is crazy." Han said. "Would you stop complaining and just do it?" Luke asked in exasperation. Han got inside, as well as the others.

A few minutes later they heard footsteps running and out of the ship. Stormtroopers. After they ran out they all pushed the panels up and exited the compartments. "Boy, it's lucky you had these compartments." Luke mused. "I use them for smuggling. I never thought I'd be smuggling myself in them. This is ridiculous. Even if I could take off, I'd never get past the tractor beam." Han said. "Leave that to me." Ben told him. "Darn fool. I knew that you were going to say that!" Han exclaimed. "Who's the more foolish...the fool or the fool who follows him?" Ben asked. Luke smiled at how wise his master was.

Quickly, they came up with a plan. Han stood behind a wall near the entrance while Luke stood across from him behind another wall. He nodded to Luke. "Ready, Kid?" Luke nodded back. "Yeah." Just three crewmen entered the ship, as expected. Han nodded at Luke who jumped out and grabbed one of the men from behind. Han then shot at them. They fell to the ground. "Good job. Okay, now for the others." Han said.

They hid back behind the wall. "Hey down there, could you give us a hand with this?" He yelled. They waited. Two storm troopers walked up. Han jumped out and blasted both of them. "Come on! Get this gear on!" Han told Luke. They quickly put the armor on over their cloths. "Okay, we're actually doing this." Han said in disbelief. "Come. We must go quickly." Ben told them. They put their helmets on and exited the Falcon. Luke quickly tapped on his helmet to let the Imperials know that he couldn't hear them and that's why they weren't answering.

After that, they quickly ran down the halls of the space station with the droids in tow and found a room. They opened the door and Han shot an officer inside. Luke closed the door quickly and locked it. They all took they're helmets off. "You know, between his howling and your blasting everything in sight, it's a wonder the whole station doesn't know we're here." Luke exclaimed Han looked angrily at Luke. "Bring them on! I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around."

"We found the computer outlet, sir." 3PO told Ben. "Plug in. He should be able to interpret the entire Imperial computer network." Ben told the droid. A few seconds later R2 beeped loudly. "He says he's found the main computer to power the tractor beam that's holding the ship here. He'll try to make the precise location appear on the monitor." 3PO told Ben. Ben looked at the data. "I don't think you boys can help. I must go alone." He told the two men. "Whatever you say. I've done more that I bargained for on this trip already." Han said. Luke wasn't going to let Ben go alone. "I want to go with you." He told his master. "Be patient, Luke. Stay and watch over the droids." Ben told him. "But he can..." Luke began, but was interrupted by Ben, who shook his head.

"They must be delivered safely or other star systems will suffer the same fate as Alderaan."
Ben smiled at Luke at put a hand on his shoulder. "Your destiny lies along a different path than mine. The Force will be with you...always." He told Luke. Luke nodded and watched as the Jedi ran down the hall. Luke closed the door. He couldn't help, but worry about him.

Chewbacca growled loudly. "Boy you said it, Chewie." Han looked at Luke. "Where did you dig up that old fossil?" He asked. Luke glared at Han. "Ben is a great man." "Yeah, great at getting us into trouble." Han stated. Luke scoffed. "I didn't hear you give any ideas..." "Well, anything would be better than just hanging around waiting for him to pick us up..." Luke was angry now. He walked up to him. "Who do you think..."

Just then R2 beeped excitedly. "What is it?" Luke asked 3PO. "I'm afraid I'm not quite sure, sir. He says "I found them", and keeps repeating, "They're here." 3PO said. "Well, who...who has he found?" Luke asked. "Princess Leia and her escort." He answered. Luke felt excited. "The princess? She's here?" He exclaimed. "Princess? What's going on?" Han asked. Luke was too busy to answer. "Level five. Detention block A A-twenty-three. I'm afraid they're scheduled to be terminated." Terminated! Luke knew they had to save them. "Oh, no! We've got to do something." He told Han.

"What are you talking about?" Han asked. Luke huffed. "The droid belongs to her. She's the one in the message.. We've got to help her." Luke said. "Now, look, don't get any funny ideas. The old man wants us to wait right here." Han said sitting down. Luke couldn't believe what Han was saying. "But he didn't know she was here. Look, will you just find a way back into the detention block?" He asked. "I'm not going anywhere." Han said.

"They're going to execute them. Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here to be captured. Now all you want to do is stay!" He exclaimed. "Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind." Han. Luke didn't know what to do. He had to save the princess. "But they're going to kill her!" "Better her than me..."

Luke thought for a moment how does Han think...Luke walked over to Han and whispered. "She's rich." "Rich?" Han asked. Luke nodded. "Mhm. Rich, powerful! Listen, if you were to rescue her, the reward would be..." "What?" Han asked. "Well more wealth that you can imagine." Luke told him. Han turned to Luke. "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit!" "You'll get it!" Luke promised. "I better!" He pointed at Luke. "You will..."

"All right, kid. But you'd better be right about this." "All right." Luke answered. "What's your plan?" Han asked. Luke realized he was now in charge of the mission. He felt excitement well up inside him. He thought for a moment then an idea came to him. "Uh...Threepio, hand me those binders there will you?" He move Dover to Chewbacca. "Okay. Now, I'm going to put these on you." He growled loudly at Luke. Luke jumped away. "Okay. Han, you put these on." Luke said sheepishly. "Don't worry, Chewie. I think I know what he has in mind." Han told him. Luke and Han put their helmets on and walked to the door.

"Master Luke, sir! Pardon me for asking...but, ah...what should Artoo and I do if we're discovered here?" 3PO asked. "Lock the door!" Luke shouted. "And hope they don't have blasters." Han added. With that the three walked out into the hallway.