Reunited

Luke's POV.

Luke had finally gotten back to the fleet. Excitement filled him. He couldn't wait to see Leia, and of course Han and Chewie. Luke got out of his x-wing along with Artoo. He was greeted by Wedge who was taking off for the planet he was stationed at. "Luke!" Wedge shouted. He ran up and gave Luke a friendly hug. "Hey! I heard that you went to Tatooine to rescued Han. That's great!" He said happily. "Thanks, but how did you find out?" He asked curiously.

"The whole place knows about it. When Lando, Leia and Han came back Han bragged about you. I've never seen Han brag about anyone, but himself. He said that your a Jedi now? Is that true?" Wedge asked. Luke nodded. He hadn't really told anyone about it before. It was a private thing, but now he felt that people should know.

"It is. And...I'm not a full Jedi Knight yet. There's still...one more thing I have to do first. My...last test." He told his friend. Luke felt heavy hearted when he thought of what he was eventually going to have to do. "Oh. Well that's great! I've never met a Jedi before." Wedge laughed. Luke smiled. "Well, I better run. My squads waiting. See around Luke." Luke nodded. "See you."

Luke and Artoo walked through the halls of the station. It seemed that everyone was gone. Luke assumed they were in the meeting room. He walked to he doorway and saw everyone gathered around listening to the General who was telling about a second Death Star. Luke shook his head. Artoo came up behind him. Luke put his finger to his lips and motioned the droid to be quiet. As he stood there listening he Luke felt a familiar presence. He shook it off assuming it was just the excitement of seeing Han and Leia.

The General explained the attack plan and then told who would be heading them up. Lando was now a general apparently and was leading the fighter attack on the Death Star.

And then came a real surprise. General Madine spoke. "We have stolen a small Imperial shuttle. Disguised as a cargo ship, and using a secret Imperial code, a strike team will land on the moon and deactivate the shield generator. General Solo, is your strike team assembled?" He asked. Luke looked up in surprise to Han. A smile formed on his face. Luke had always known that he cared about more than himself. He had proven it thousands of times, but this was amazing.

"Uh, my team's ready. I don't have a command crew for the shuttle." Han answered. Chewie raised his hand and growled, saying he would go. "Well, it's gonna be rough, pal. I didn't want to speak for you." Han told him. Chewie growled at Han. He smiled. "That's one." "Uh, General...count me in." Leia said smiling adoring at Han. Luke smiled as well, his smile faultered as he felt the presence become stronger. "That's two." Han announced. "I'm with you, too!" Luke and a familiar voice shouted over to them.

Luke froze and looked up across the room. A band of rebels had just come in and amongst the group Luke saw what he never dreamed he would see. Raina.

The two locked eyes. Luke felt a flood of emotions. Anger, confusion, joy, worry, and even sadness. Everyone around them went to greet them both, but their attention was only on the person across from them. Luke couldn't move. The woman whom he had loved and the woman who had left him without an explanation, was standing in front of his eyes.

Just then the General went over to Raina. She averted her eyes away from Luke and smiled at the General, shaking his hand. Luke tore his eyes away from her and looked down. He saw Leia, Han and Chewie looking at him oddly.

Luke put on a smile and walked down to them. Leia smiled and ran to Luke. He smiled back and hugged her. The familiar feeling of light and happiness washed over him. He had finally been reunited with his sister. Leia pulled back and smiled up at Luke. He looked at her in adoration and in love. She looked at him in confusion. "What? What is it?" Leia asked still smiling at him.