Yoda?

Raina's POV.

After Luke had set up camp he went over to Raina. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Better. Just a little hungry that's all." She told him. "Me too. I'll finds something for us to eat. But first..." He walked over to R2. "Ready for some power? Okay. Let's see now. Put that in there. There you go." He said charging him. Raina smiled at Luke's kindness towards the. droid. She seemed to be falling for him more and more. She slightly even regretted not kissing him.

Luke dug into the supply boxes and took out some rations. He gave them to Raina and sat down next to her. "Thanks." She smiled. He nodded. "Now all we have to do is find this Yoda...if he even exists." "Yoda?" She asked. "It's the reason we're here. Ben told me that I had to find this Jedi master, but who knows. Maybe I'm just going crazy." She snorted. "I'm pretty sure your fine. I'm sure we'll find him. We just have to be patient." Raina concluded.

"Still...there's something familiar about this place. I feel like...I don't know..." Luke began. "Feel like what?" A strange voice asked. Raina and Luke snapped their heads towards the voice. Luke quickly pulled out his blaster and pointed it towards the voice. "Like we're being watched!" Luke continued. The creature was small and green. He wore a tan colored robe and had a swelling stick in his hands. "Away with your weapon! I mean you no harm." The creature, coward in fear.

Raina watched as Luke put his blaster away reluctantly. "I am wondering, why are you here?" The creature asked. "We're looking for someone." Raina answered kindly. "Looking? Found someone, you have, I would say, hmmm?" The creature chuckled. Raina felt a smile grow on her face. "Right." Luke said, trying not to laugh.

"Help you I can. Yes, mmmm." Raina was growing to like the creature. "I don't think so. We're looking for a great warrior." Luke responded. "Ahhh! A great warrior. Wars not make one great." The small creature replied. Raina considered the creatures wise words. The creature moved to one of Luke's supply boxes. Raina sat up on the log watching the creature. Luke noticed her trying to get up and began to help her.

The creature picked up the rations Luke was eating and picked up a piece and took a bite. Luke looked over and stood up. "Put that down. Hey! That's my dinner." Luke exclaimed. Raina held in a laugh. The creature grimaced at the terrible tasting food. "How you get so big, eating food of this kind?" He asked Luke.

The creature moved on to another box. "Listen, friend, we didn't mean to land in that puddle, and if we could get our ships out, we would, but we can't, so why don't you just..." Raina tried not to laugh at Luke's reaction to the little creature. "Aww, cannot get your ship out?" The creature teased. Raina smiled.

Then the creature grabbed something out of the box. Raina knew Luke's patients was up. He snatched the box away from the creature. The creature examined the object, which Raina recognized as a power lamp. "Hey, you could have broken this." Luke said. The creature began to throw things out of the boxes looking for other prizes. "Don't do that. Ohhh...you're making a mess."

He gave up and began to play with the lamp shining it everywhere. "Hey, give me that!" Luke shouted. "Luke..." Raina began. "Mine! Or I will help you not." The creature yelled and backed away towards R2. "I don't want your help. I want my lamp back. I'll need it to get out of this slimy mudhole." Luke said in frustration. Raina gasped. "Luke!" He looked back over to her with a guilty look. "Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is." The creature said angrily.

Suddenly R2 metal arm reached out for the lamp. The two began to play tug of war. R2 beeped angrily at the creature. "Luke. Let the little guy have it." Raina told him. He nodded and looked back to R2. "Oh, Artoo let him have it." Luke sighed. "Mine! Mine!" The creature yelled. He took his cane and hit R2 repeatedly. The droid kept pulling. "Artoo!" Luke said firmly. The droid let go. "Mine!" The creature said.

"Now will you move along, little fella? We're got a lot of work to do." Luke asked. "No! No, no! Stay and help you, I will. Find your friend, hmm?" The creature insisted. Luke sighed. "We're not looking for a friend, we're looking for a Jedi Master." He told him.

"Oohhh. Jedi Master. Yoda. You seek Yoda." The little guy realized. Raina and Luke looked at one-another. "You know him?" Raina asked. "Mmm. Take you to him, I will. Yes, yes. But now, we must eat. Come. Good food. Come." He told the two. He walked off towards a small hovel.

Luke looked to Raina. She shrugged. "Come! Come!" The creature shouted. Luke finally seemed to make his decision. He nodded. "Come on. Let's go." He said. He went over to her. "Let me help you up." He did so. She stood up. He looked at her. "You okay?" She smiled and nodded. "Thanks to you. Now let's go." He nodded. "Stay here and watch after the camp, Artoo." Luke ordered. The two headed off.

When they arrived at the small hovel the creature was very kind and welcoming. He offered them food and water and rest. Luke of course was quite impatient and wanted to be taken to Yoda right away. "Look, I'm sure it's delicious. I just don't understand why we can't see Yoda now." Luke asked. The creature put some food in front of them. Raina smiled kindly. "Thank you." She said. He nodded.

The hovel's ceiling was about 4 ft, making it hard for Luke and Raina to walk around. The furniture was the same size as the creature and everything was very plane. "Patience! For the Jedi it is time to eat as well. Eat, eat. Hot. Good food, hm? Good, hmm?" The two tried it. It was a strange soupy concoction, but tasted pretty good. And Raina's stomach, sure thanked her.

"How far away is Yoda? Will it take us long to get there?" Luke asked. "Not far. Yoda not far. Patience. Soon you will be with him. Why wish you become Jedi? Hm?" The little guy asked. "Mostly because of my father, I guess." Luke answered. "And I want to mostly, because of...my parents." She answered. "I see. Your father. Powerful Jedi was he, powerful Jedi, mmm." The creature commented. Raina furrowed her eyebrows. How could he know Luke's father?

Luke finally had enough. "Oh, come on. How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am. Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here. We're wasting our time!" He exclaimed. Raina looked at Luke in shock. "Luke." She whispered. He looked at her and looked down.

The creature turned away from them. "I cannot teach them. The boy has no patience. And the girl...too strong are her emotions, I feel." The creature spoke to a fourth person. Raina and Luke looked over to the creature. There was no one there for him to speak to. "He will learn patience. And she can be taught to control her emotions." A familiar voice answered.

Raina and Luke both realized. The creature they had been talking to was Yoda! He had been testing them. Raina also knew what Yoda meant, by her emotions.

"Hmmm. Much anger in him, like his father. And she...a young Senator we once knew, she is like." Yoda stated glancing back to her. "Was I any different when you taught me? And for the girl...she is stronger. She can learn to control her emotions." Ben's voice told the master. "She is strong Master Yoda. She will learn control." Another voice said. It was her master Asoka!

Yoda scoffed. "Hah. They are not ready." He said. "Yoda! I am ready. I...Ben! I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready." He winced when he bumped his head on the low ceiling, as he was trying to stand. "Master, I know I can learn control. Please. I know we're ready." She  begged. "Ready, are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind." He told them.

Yoda began to talk to Ben again. "This one a long time have I watched. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. And the girl, her mind she never thinks with, always her emotions. Puts others in danger she always does." He said to Obi-Wan and Asoka.

He turned to them again. "You are reckless." He said looking at both of them. Luke and Raina both looked down knowing what he had said was true. "So was I, if you'll remember." Obi-Wan said. "I as well, was the same." Asoka spoke.

Yoda huffed and turned to them. "They are too old. Yes, too old to begin the training." He said walking towards his bedroom. "But we've learned so much." Luke told Yoda. "Will they finished what they begin?" He asked. "We won't dial you." Raina said. "We're not afraid." Luke added. Yoda nodded at them. "Oh, you will be. You will be."