Complications

Raina's POV.

It had been about a week sense Luke and Raina had agreed to stay friends. It became hard sometimes though, when they accidentally brushed up against one-another or have private talks with one-another. Raina tired so hard to think about other things, but couldn't and Luke seemed to just be making it worse, when he would gaze at her. Raina didn't know what to do.

By training with Yoda Raina had learned quite a few new things already. How to levitate small objects like small pebbles or small pieces of food. Luke seemed to get everything quicker than she could. She didn't know why. She figured that he had a stronger connection with the force. Master Asoka had told her about Jedi who had such strong connections with the force that they could grasp lessons quicker than the other padawans. She didn't let it bother her though. She was proud of Luke and knew he worked very hard.

Today was her day off, though. Raina sat beside R2-D2 and watched as Luke stood on his hands with Yoda on top of his feet. He had a strained look on his face. His eyes were focused on a stone as he tried to lift it using the Force. "Use the Force. Yes..." Yoda encouraged. The storm floated over to a small pile of stones that he had set onto of one-another, and gently rested on top of the pile.

Yoda tapped Luke's foot with his cane. Luke lifted one hand off the ground. He was now standing on one hand. He focused on another rock. "Now...the stone. Feel it." Yoda told him. R2 began to beep in distress. The rock began to lift into the air, but wavered. Suddenly Luke lost his balance and tumbled to the ground. "Concentrate!" Yoda shouted, but it was too late. The two fell to ground.

Luke and Raina looked over at the droid. Finally they both realized what he was upset about. The two ran over to the edge of the lake and saw both x-wings sinking into the water. "Oh, no. We'll never get them out now." Luke exclaimed. "So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?" Yoda asked Luke. "Master, moving stones around is one thing. This is totally different." He told him.

Raina decided it would be best not to get involved. She knew that if one was strong enough with the force, they could lift the x-wing out.

"No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned." Yoda instructed. "All right, I'll give it a try." He said. "I'll help." Raina told him. He smiled. "No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." He told the two.

They nodded. They both closed their eyes, reaching out with one arm and focused on Luke's ship. Raina could feel the weight of the ship. It began to rise slowly. It hovered almost out do the water, but sink back in. Luke and Raina opened their eyes, breathing heavily. "We can't. It's too big." Luke told Yoda. "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hm? Mmmm." Yoda asked. They shook their heads.

"And well you should not. For my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we......not this crude matter." Yoda gestured around them. "You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship!" He told them. Raina knew it could be done, but she don't believe she could be the one to do it.

"You want the impossible." Luke said and got up. He walked over to a branch where his shirt was hanging. Raina looked down. "What about you?"sister Yoda asked Raina. She shook her head. "Master, I believe it can be done, but not by an inexperienced padawan like myself." She told him. "I'm sorry." She got up and joined Luke.

Just then the two heard a bubbling sound. They turned around to see Luke's x-wing lifting out of the water with ease. It floated towards them and rested on the land. Luke looked wide eyed at the ship. He walked over to its and looked at Yoda. "I don't...I don't believe it." He said in astonishment. Yoda shook his head. "That is why you fail." Luke looked down guiltily. Raina bit her lip. Maybe she could do it.

That evening Raina went over to her x-wing. She took a few deep breaths and calmed herself. She slowly reached out her hand and tired to use the force to lift her ship out of the water. A gurgling sound came from the water, but it quickly went away. It had sunken back down. She sighed. It was to big.

"Want some help?" Luke's voice asked. She smiled. "So now you believe?" She asked. "I know. I was stupid. Yoda was right. I failed because I didn't believe. I didn't believe in myself or in the Force. Now I do." He told her. She smiled. "I do to, but I'm just not strong enough yet." She told Luke.

"That's why I'm here to help. Maybe we can bring get it out together." "We tried that earlier." She reminded him. "I know, but this time I believe." He said. "Okay." She nodded.

They stood next to ones another, closely. They reached their hands out and began o kid the ship out. There was a large amount of gurgling and then silence. They opened their eyes to see that her ship had floated over next to Luke's. Raina smiled widely and ran over to it with Luke trailing behind. She touch the nose of it. She was thrilled. Raina smiled widely at Luke and laughed. "We did it!" She exclaimed. He chuckled. "Yeah. We did."

She ran to him and jumped into his arms. The two laughed. Luke picked her up bridal style and spun her around. When stopped spinning their faces were dangerously close. The laughing had stopped. Luke swallowed. Raina's face became hot and she could hardly stand the butterflies that were in her stomach.

Suddenly his lips found hers. Alarms went off in her head, but she couldn't listen. All she could process was how much she had wanted this. She willingly kissed him back. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he held her in his arms. He put her down on the ground as they kept kissing. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Finally Raina saw a flash of her vision. She quickly pulled away.

Raina turned away from him. What had she done? "Raina I'm sorry." He told her. "No. It wasn't your fault." She told him. She realized that all this time she had wanted this to happen. She still was turned away from him. He walked up behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. She wanted to tell him no, but couldn't. "Raina..." He began. She turned to him. "Yes?" She asked.

Raina couldn't believe it, but she wanted it to happen again. Yoda was right. She was weak. He looked deep into her eyes. "Stop me." He told her. "Stop you from what?" She asked. "Kissing you again." He answered as he leaned down. She wanted to stop him, but couldn't. "Tell me to stop and I will." He told her. She opened her mouth, but couldn't say anything. He took her silence as permission and leaned in.

He kissed her. Slowly and lovingly. She felt as if her legs would melt. It was long and slow. It felt like an eternity. She knew she had fallen inlove with him. She also knew he was inlove with her. When he pulled away he smiled. "That's all I wanted to know. Goodnight, Raina." He said. He kissed her cheek gently and lingeringly, and walked away. She was left there stunned.

He knew. He knew how she felt. And she knew how he felt. Right then Raina made a decision. She couldn't be the reason for Luke's fall. She had to leave.

She went to Yoda's hovel. "Master Yoda. I have to go. I can't stay here any longer. I'm sorry." She apologized. He nodded. "Understand I do. Sorry to see you go, I am." He told her. She smiled. "Thank you for all you've done for me. Goodbye." She smiled and left.

She got in her x-wing and flew off into the atmosphere. In no time she was in space and jumping into hyperspace. "Goodbye, Luke." She whispered. A tear rolled down her face. She was going back to join the alliance at the  rendezvous. She didn't know when she'd see Luke again. For all she knew, he could be training there for years, but that was a sacrifice she'd have to make. She couldn't endanger him any longer.