Chapter 49

*Dougies pov*

"Tom!" I shout running up the stairs, as I catch my breath from running up the two and a bit flights of stairs I see toms bedroom door swung open. I push the door and instantly I'm hit with a cool breeze that even through my tshirt made my chest feel cold. I clamber out of the window and up the drain pipe beside it, popping my head over the top of the roof; there was Tom, sat with his head staring up at the late night sky and jean covered legs crossed.

"Hey mate" I state, he slowly tilts his head and gives me a week smile. Even with only the moon creating the light it was plain to see the redness in toms eyes, but something else caught my eye first.

"What the fuck are they?" I close to shout pointing at his arms as I shuffle next to him,

"Nothin.." he stuttered moving his hands and arms behind his back,

"Were they because of lily?" I softly ask, Tom obviously hurt when he heard her name, he took a big gulp and closed his eyes trying not to let the tears fall.

"I love her Doug.. I can't live without her.. I've had no sleep for 46 hours, I haven't eaten or drunk anything since before the party.. I just need her, she makes me have a reason to live.." he whispers, he forgets the reason to why he'd moved his arms to his back and slumped them on his knees. The bright red gashes along his arms almost glowed from the rays of the moon, I sigh before looking up to catch toms glare.

"Go get her" I state,

"What?" he frantically questioned, a light panic in his voice.

"Tom, go get her.. show her your state" I repeat,

"Again, What?!"

"Tom if you honestly mean each word you say, she has to know! Look what she's made you do, you've done nothing wrong; and yet you've punished yourself.. Go talk to her, shout from the street if she doesn't let you in!" I announce.

"Okay" He smiles, he quickly sprung up from the flat of the room and made his way down the drain pipe, "Thank you Doug!" He shouts before his head disappears from the side of the roof.

*Toms pov*

This was my chance to get lily, I needed her in my life, she was the woman I was going to marry; the woman who was going to carry our children! I love lily with all my heart, she's the only one for me.

I race down stairs, grabbing my jacket, keys, and phone, before passing Evie and Carrie in the living room.

"Tom? Where are you going?!" Carrie asks nervously,

"To get my woman back!" I shout before running out the door and into my car. There was so much adrenalin running through my whole body, burning and fuelling my heart.

Practically the whole of Lilys building was lit up, it being 9:17 on a Saturday night there were bound to be people still up. I pulled up in the parking area, as I stepped out the door I thought I saw a car I well recognised: The long silver Aston Martin style car that reflected the lighting from each house in every direction, I swear I know that car..

I carry on and walk toward the door to Lilys flat, I look up to where her window was and see the light on. The cream thin curtains were shut and I could see the shadow of her petite figure moving about in the living room. I watched as she stopped right in front of the window, she looked as if she was talking to someone across the room from her. First I thought my eyes were deceiving me, but alas, there was another man already there.. A muscular shadow slowly walked towards hers, grasping her arms in his hands, they both slowly start to get closer. I pull my eyes away just as their lips meet..