Chapter 53

"Hey I recognise you.." Some deep, throaty but female voice rang- pulling me out of my sleepy state,

"Hmm" I mumble, pulling myself up from lying on the sofa,

"Your Tom Fletcher, from McFly?"

"Yeah.. that's me" I sigh, rubbing my eyes to make them open wider,

"My daughters a big fan.." she replies, putting down the clipboard on the end of the bed, "Go home Tom, get some rest.."

"I can't, what if she wakes up? and I'm not there to talk to her, what if she's scared and need someone to comfort her?"

"Okay.. but, it doesn't look like that going to happen.."

"Is she okay?" I croak,

"Her heart rate has dropped.. maybe its time to start saying your goodbyes.." She said before walking out the room..

Goodbyes? no.. not yet. She's still breathing! Not until the beeping stops will I ever think of saying goodbye!

It had been quite a while since Danny had left to call the guys, I started to stir and began lifting myself off the couch but just as I had there were four frantic bodies running past the window. soon enough Danny lead Harry, Dougie and Evie into the room, He walked towards me and sat on the chair opposite.

I looked over at the others, all of them frozen and just staring at lily. Evie turned and buried her head into Dougies chest, he quickly wrapped his arms around her, kissing her head before wiping under his eyes.

"Lily.." Harry croaks, I could tell he still had small feelings for her, but I didn't care; I was just glad I wasn't alone in here anymore.

Evie and Dougie take a seat next to me on the sofa, Evie swinging her arms around my neck for a quick but sympathetic hug,

"I'm so sorry Tom.." She whispers sitting back down,

"Thanks.." was all I could muster up to say. We all sat and watched lily, the company of everyone calmed me slightly.

The day slowly dragged on, Dougie and Evie had left to go get some food and coffee from the canteen, Danny had gone home to get some sleep and Harry was sat in here with me.

The quiet beeping of the heart monitor was the only sound in the room, Harry was fast asleep on the couch, he had been like that for a while now.. and me, i was sat by lily with her hand in mine, my other gently stroking her face - I knew she used to love it..

I looked over at the clock on the wall, 1:56,

It's been twelve hours since Danny called me and told me lily was in the hospital.. God I missed her, even though she was lying right next to me, it wasn't the same!

*Three Days later*

Both Lilys mum, brother and sister had visited her while in the hospital but couldn't stay, the worst part was I never introduced myself.. I could never get to know her family that she had told me so much about!

Today Danny had persuaded me to go home and get some sleep, which I did.. for an hour.. and before I came back to the hospital I made sure Marvin, Leia and Aurora were fed.. even went over to Lilys to feed Oli..

But now I was back in my rightful place, next to Lily in her bed, holding her hand tightly and waiting for her eyes to flutter open.. so I could tell her how much I loved her.

Everyone refused to leave me alone in Lilys room, right now it was Danny and Charlottes turn to baby sit me. They were asleep, curled up on the sofa, just watching them made me cry.. I want that, with lily..

-----------------------------------------------------------

A sharp, loud and repetitive beeping sound woke me up suddenly from my sleep. I frantically look around to Danny who was just as confused as me. The beeping sound turned into alarms and Lilys body began shaking,

"Lily?!" I scream grabbing her hand,

Suddenly paramedics and doctors came rushing through the door with machines and other medical things,

"Sir we going to need you to step outside!" One of the men announce, moving me away from Lilys bed,

"No! no I refuse to leave!" I scream, the tears stream down my face,

I try to make my way back to lily, pushing through people to get to her but quickly felt someone wrap their arms around me and slowly try to drag me out of the room, my frantic legs weighing me down.

Person after person, doctor after doctor, that was all I could see going in an out of her room. Danny was the one that pulled me out of the hospital room, and was sat next to me in the same places we'd been in only four days ago..

After an hour of frantic pacing around the small waiting room, everyone was back and waiting for news- Dougie, Evie, Danny, Charlotte, Harry and me..

A familiar face soon came out of the shadows, the nurse which first let me see lily. She had sorrow and sadness written all over her face, a small tear in the corner of her eye..

"It's time to say your goodbyes.."