chapter 17

ANGELA's POV

After I went back to the clinic and gave the box to Caitlin, I asked her if I could go home early because I wasn't feeling well. Thankfully, she agreed. I got in a taxi like I wasn't myself, staring into space. I felt light headed and I still couldn't believe that I finally saw someone from my past clearly. But that made me more confused than ever. Hunter told me that I didn't have a family anymore. Then who's Ellie Novell in my life?

The teenager told me that the girl on the cover of the magazine is Ellie Novell. She told me too that I am Angelique Novell and Ellie Novell is my sister. I felt so lost with all these.

I leaned back my head at the headrest and closed my eyes. Thankfully, I had my medicine for my headache with me and I already took it a while ago.

I wanted to call Hunter to ask him about it but I decided to just wait for him at home because I prefer to discuss it face to face than through phone call.

When I arrived home, I saw Ana busy cleaning the living room.

"You're early today. Are you okay? You look pale" She ask with concern. I smiled faintly.

"I'm fine, Ana. I'll just go upstairs and take a rest"

"Okay. I'll call you later for lunch" I just nodded and proceeded upstairs. I tumbled on the bed after I took off my shoes. My headache wasn't as bad as a while ago because of the medicine I took but it still throbbing painfully. I massaged my temples in a circular motion and tried the breathe-in breathe-out exercise that my doctor taught me as I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

Then another flash of memories came on my head....

"From now on, I forbid you to go out at night without a guard with you. Understood?"

"Reg, you're overreacting. Nothing bad happened to me and I don't need a bodyguard"

"Angela, this is not France! We should be careful all the time! If you don't want to have a bodyguard then I won't allow you to go out at night anymore

"But Regan, that's unfair! I'm not a child anymore"

"My decision is final Angelique. I don't want to make mom worry"

"Fine"

I didn't know even notice that tears were already streaming down from my eyes as that memory came back to me. I could clearly see the face of Regan and me on that particular day but it was still incomplete. Yes, I could now remember some of my memories but I am still confused. I thought Hunter and I were already lovers before I lost my memories? Then why don't I see him with those memories?

I tried to remember some more of it but it felt like there was a wall that's preventing me from further remembering the past. I wiped my tears. I felt weird. I felt like Regan and Ellie really existed in my life and they're very important to me and I am almost certain about it.

HUNTER's POV

"Sir, you have a visitor here. He said his name is Zander Montealegre" My brows creased when I heard that. What is he doing here in Greece?

I suddenly felt uneasy. He's my friend but Zander Montealegre and Regan Novell are business associates. I didn't know why he's suddenly here but I felt like he has something important to discuss with me. I know Zander. He's not the type of a guy to come here personally without an important reason.

"Send him in, Vera" I instructed and composed myself.

"Okay sir" After a couple of seconds, the door opened and saw Vera with Zander. When Vera left, Zander approached me with a serious face. He never changed. He is one of my good buddies since college and he's still as serious as ever. I stood up and gave him a hug. I last saw him a year ago when I last went to the USA.