chapter 26

"Of course it's not just your kisses. I missed your warmth, your presence, your laugh, your smell, your touch....I missed your body and everything about you" -Hunter 

ANGELA's POV

I remained standing there, staring at the monitor and watching his every move while my mind was debating if I would let him in or not, though there's an undeniable elation too.

He pressed the doorbell again and it made me jumped in surprise. Oh no! What am I gonna do? Am I going to let him in? But what does he want now? Why now?

"Angel baby...I know you're in there. Please, let me in" he said as he knocked at the door this time. I heaved a sigh and before I realize what I'm doing, my feet moved on their own and went towards the door like they have their own mind.

I slowly removed the double-lock and then opened the door after. I felt like there's a lot of butterfly in my stomach.

Our eyes instantly met. I was about to ask him what he's doing here when he suddenly pulled me roughly into a tight embrace.

"I missed so you much, baby" He said as he rained kisses on my face.

But then he instantly loosen up his arms around me when he felt my big belly.

He smiled lovingly and knelt on his knee and kissed my stomach.

"Hello, little one? You've gotten bigger since the last time I saw you and mommy. I hope you didn't give mommy a hard time while daddy's away" I just stood there while watching him. I could see the longing and adoration in his eyes as he kissed my stomach once again.

I scoffed.

"Of course, he's getting bigger in there. It's been how many months since then" I said sarcastically.

"Baby, there's a reason why I couldn't come immediately after three months" He said as he gently wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged my stomach.

I heaved a sigh as his sweet gesture began to melt my anger towards him.

I stared at the bouquet of red roses and a basket of different fruits which were on the floor, next to him.

He then unwrapped his arms around me and then took his presents then stood up.

"These are for you and our baby. I'm sorry that it took me four months before I could come here and see you. A lot has happened" His eyes sparkled with different emotions as he stared at me. I looked at the flowers and fruit basket he's holding.

Honestly, I couldn't deny the fact that I'm so happy that he's here, that I saw him again, but I didn't know how to react. These past few months, I really tried my best to just forget about him because I didn't want to get hurt any further anymore if he really has someone else. I tried to ready myself in case he would come to me one day; not because he wants to see me but because of our child.

I didn't want to assume that he would really wait for me.

I bit the inside of my cheeks and took the bouquet and fruit basket that he's handling me. A smile of happiness formed his lips when I accepted his presents.

"Thanks. I'm sure, our baby appreciates these" I mumbled and put them on the coffee table.

"What about you? Did you like the flowers?" My body went still.