Chapter 9

Mason

"I love the first Friday of the year," Rory says as we walk into school.

"Yeah," I agree. We get out at noon today because there is a faculty meeting so no school and no practice. "What will we do?" I ask.

"Dunno yet, leave it with me," he grins.

"I don't like the sound of that," I laugh. "But I will need food so whatever you're planning it has to be at least after one," I warn.

"You must have a tapeworm," he shakes his head at me.

"No, I just like food and I need the calories," I grin.

"Pansy," he scoffs.

We laugh at each other as we walk down the hall to class. I remember when I asked if he wanted to try out for the football team because he played rugby in Ireland. He said, and I quote, "fuck off, bunch of pansies with your pads and helmets. Play a real mans game." Though, when coach saw him he hunted him down until Rory relented and tried out.

"Hey guys," Cassidy and her friend Melanie appear next to us. Both are beautiful with rocking bodies.

"Ladies," Rory charms. "What can I do for you?"

"Well," Cassidy smiles and leans to whisper into his ear. I watch his eyebrows shoot up then his arm snake around her waist. I can only imagine the proposition that he just got. Grabbing my phone I text Madison to see if she is okay so far. I promised I'd take her out after school.

"Mason," Melanie says.

"Hey," I nod to her. She looks at my phone then frowns so I don't bother hiding it from her nosey self. I just have my sister under her name.

"Are you coming to the party tonight," she asks me.

"No, I'm busy."

"Hot date," she smiles at me.

"Yeah," I chuckle because I'm hanging with my kid sister. Melanie just nods and takes a small step away from me. I hate pushing girls away but it's so ingrained in me to do it from my dad but I remember what my mom said and Melanie is cute, not really my type but... "What time is the party?" I ask.

"Oh, eight," she beams at me. "At Cass's house," she motions to Cassidy who is now giggling with Rory.

"Okay, yeah maybe I'll try to make it," I tell her and force a smile.

"Awesome," she grins then pulls Cassidy away.

Rory grins when they walk away, "party Mason?" he ribs me.

"Probably not," I laugh. "I'll think about it but I have to take Maddie out first."

"Cool, what time?"

"Four," I shrug my bag onto my shoulder. "I want to find out what's going on with her at school."

"Cool, mind if hang with you, I can bring the little terror make it a double date," he laughs.

"Yeah sure," I nod. I don't mind Rory and Siobhan at all hopefully Madison won't either.

No one seems to want to do any schoolwork today. Mr. Potts my math teacher just gave up and told us to talk quietly amongst ourselves. Turning in my seat I lean my back against the wall so I can talk to Rory and the guys. Everyone is talking about the party tonight and if they'll bring beer. I'm still not sure if I'll go but I'm warming up to the idea. Slipping out my phone I keep it low and text my mom, I know, I know I'm a pussy.