Chapter 20

Mason

I wake up early and just watch Ruby for a few minutes before leaving the room. Rory is still in bed so I grab a shower in the main bathroom then start breakfast.

"What are ye doin'?" Rory groans from the doorway.

"Breakfast," I grin.

He mumbles something as he makes his way to the fridge to grab the orange juice.

"How was last night," I ask him.

"Great, you?" he grins at me.

"Nothing happened," I reply making him choke on his juice. He glares at me while I laugh at him cleaning his face with a paper towel.

"Stupid ass," he tells me. "Hurry up I'm starving," he sighs.

"Get the plates down," I tell him while I turn the bacon.

Cassidy walks into the room with her hair all over the place and smudged makeup. She waves to me as she sits at the table resting her head on her arm.

"I'm not playing beer pong ever again," she groans.

Rory brings her some juice and a few headache tablets. Cassidy looks over at me then around the house.

"I didn't know you cooked Mase," she says.

"Sometimes because otherwise I'd starve waiting for him to feed me," I nod at Rory who flips me off.

"Is Ruby here? I thought she came with us," Cass says.

"Still in bed," I reply.

"Oh," Cass says. "Did we fight?"

Rory just chuckles at her and tells her what happened last night. Cassidy listens then looks at me with a frown.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," she says so I cross my arms waiting. "Fine, you like her a lot don't you?"

"Obviously," I sigh.

"Then ask her out," Cass smiles at me. "I'm going to clean up."

"About time, you scared the shit out of the dog and he ran away," Rory says with a straight face.

"You don't have a dog," Cassidy replies and punches him in the stomach as she leaves the room.

"You're a dick," I laugh.

"She knows I'm messing with her," he shrugs.

Ruby appears in the doorway looking at us. She is swallowed up by Rory's t-shirt where it hangs to her knees and off one shoulder.

"Morning," she says. "Is it okay to have a shower?"

"Yeah go for it, there's towels and stuff in the bathroom," Rory says.

"Thanks, can I get my bag from the jeep?"

"I'll get it," I offer. She nods and I leave the room telling Rory to watch the bacon. Grabbing her backpack I bring it to the room, leaving it on the bed. The shower is already going so I close the door on my way out.

"I'll be back, turned off the bacon," Rory says.

After everyone showers we eat breakfast together. Cassidy is talking while Ruby is quiet. She smiles and laughs at Cass or Rory and I find myself just watching how her eyes light up. After breakfast Rory cleans up then we head out to the park. The sun is already high in the sky and I can feel the heat on my back.