Chapter 11

•Vanessa's POV•

As I walk up to Connor's to go home I see him and Karly talking.

"But still Karly. You didn't have to be a bitch about it," I heard Connor say.

"Excuse me but that ugly whore has nothing on me. Why the fuck do you care anyways?" Karly says. I would like to know too.

"Because..."

"Because what Connor?!" Karly yelled at him.

"Because I love her! Okay?!" Connor yells back. What? He loves me? And the worst part is, I love him too.

•Connor's POV•

I really don't give a shit if Karly knows I love Vanessa. It felt good to finally get it off my chest. It was about 10 minutes after Karly walked away and I saw Vanessa coming to my car.

"Hey Connor," she said cooly. Does she know something? Well whatever. She's not being mean and I want to be as nice as possible to her.

•Vanessa's POV•

I'm going back to being nice to Connor. I now get why he was mocking Cameron. It hurt him. Just like it hurt me when I saw him with Karly. But I didn't hear them break up. So they're still together. Connor is unavailable. But then again. So am I. I zoned out the whole ride home and I finally came back to the real world when we got to the driveway.

"Do you just still just want me to leave?" Connor asked me.

"Well you could stay for a few minutes. We are friends after all, right?"

"Yup," Connor said with a smile. I returned the smile.
******************

"I'll be back. Let me change," I told Connor as I went upstairs. When I came back I saw Connor looking at the photos on the wall and smiling. I snuck up behind him to see what he was looking at.

•Connor's POV•

I started looking at the photos on the wall when Vanessa went upstairs to change. There was a picture of us in the fourth grade. Vanessa used to live in Mexico and moved to California in the fourth grade. We instantly clicked and became super close. Then we met O2L and the girls in middle school. And we've been friends ever since. I was smiling too much and being too happy to notice that Vanessa came back down and started talking to me.

"I remember that like it was yesterday. Do you?" Vanessa said with a smile of pure happiness.

"Of course I do. It's the day I met the most perfect person in the whole world," I told her. She chuckled.

"It's the day I found a reason to live," Vanessa told me. I then turned around to face her. I looked at her straight in the eyes and did what I've been wanting to to since the 5th grade. I started leaning in. And surprisingly so did she.

•Vanessa's POV•

I can't believe I'm doing this. I know it's wrong but I can't help it. He called me perfect. He said he loved me. I need him. Then it happened. Our lips met each other. I heard people say about fireworks but I never believed them. Now I do. I felt everything. The butterflies, sparks, fire, and everything in between. My first kiss. A big success. The best thing in the world. But like all good things, they have to come to an end. As we separated I instantly wanted more. We just stared at each other for a few moments, realizing what just happened. Then my phone made a sound indicating that I received a text message. It was Cameron. Cameron! I just cheated on him. Oh my gosh. I can't take it back now.

From Cameron- Hey babe. Do u want me to pick u up at ur house in 5 mins?

I hate how he texts. It annoys me when people say 'u' instead of 'you'. It doesn't take long to write two extra letters.

To Cameron- Sure. How about you come now. Can't wait to hang out with you

From Cameron- Me either

"Um Connor. I think you should go now. Cameron is coming to pick me up. Bye Connor. Just know I'm not mad," I told him.

"Bye Vanessa," Connor said with a small smile. 5 minutes later I heard a knock at the door.

"Hey," Cameron said. I said it back.

"Ready to go?" Cameron asked me.

"Yup," I said popping the p.