Chapter 35

•Vanessa's POV•

We got off the stage and started walking to the dance floor when a certain someone stopped me.

"Vanessa," Connor mumbled.

"What do you want, Connor?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Is it true?"

"What's true?" I asked confused.

"With or without you," he said quoting the song.

"Connor, don't make this harder than this needs to be. We're over. And that's it," I said.

"Have you moved on?" He asked.

"Why would you think that? Do you think I'm a slut?"

"No! It's just that I saw you dancing with Mr. Too Much Gel over there," he said. Seriously?

"Connor, I don't even know him. I just wanted to have fun. And it's none of your business who I do and don't dance with. You're not my boyfriend. You can't control me," I said while sass.

"Do you still love me?" He asked while looking at me in the eye.

"I-"

"Connor! Baby! Hey. I haven't seen you tonight. I think my date should at least hang out with me," Charlie said while kissing Connor.

"Va-"

"You guys are together? That's so cute!" I fake smiled, "and I'm supposedly the one who moved on. Oh and one more thing, Connor: No." I turned around and walked away with the girls. So much for a perfect night.

•Connor's POV•

"Get the fuck away from me!" I yelled at Charlie while pushing her off me.

"What's wrong, babe?" Charlie said while stepping closer. Her whole body was on mine. I looked up and saw Vanessa turn to look at us and turn away quickly with her head down. Wait. She said no at the end. Does that mean she doesn't love me anymore?

"What the fuck, Charlie? Why do you always screw everything up? Why can you just leave?!" I yelled at her.

"Because she's a whore and ugly and fat! She doesn't deserve you! I do. And you will be mine, Franta. Don't doubt it," Charli said and strutted away. I swear she was a gigantic slut. Her dress barely covered her ass. And it was skin tight. I saw Vanessa talking to Andrea. And Andrea looked really mad. I'm scared now. She saw me and glared at me. If looks could kill.

•Andrea's POV•

Vanessa just finished telling me Connor is here with that Charlie chick. I swear I think I almost got a tic while glaring at Connor. And he looked scared out of his mind. And he should. On a happier note: Vanessa's performance with her friends was awesome! And she loves old school so it wasn't a surprise she chose a U2 song. I honestly think she should've done Elevation. It's so upbeat and loud. Like me. I need to get my mind off killing Connor. I grabbed Kian and started dancing with him. Then a slow song came on.

•Vanessa's POV•

I was just eating watermelon by the snack area when a slow song came on. Really? I felt someone's presence while I was eating. I looked up and saw Connor. Why can't he just leave me alone?

"May I have this dance?" He asked politely and bowed. I rolled my eyes and took his hand. He put his hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders.

"Please talk to me," Connor said in a small voice.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked.

"Cause all of me. Loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections," Connor sang while pulling me closer, looking into my eyes.

"Con," I said while looking at his chest instead of his eyes. "Don't make this any harder that it needs to be."

"Please, Vanessa. I love you. I still do. I always will. When you said you didn't love me anymore, it broke my heart," he said.

"Then I guess we're even," I said.

"What?"

"You also broke my heart," I said coldly, "I don't even know why you did that. I was such a good girlfriend to you. What caused you to dump me?"

"It's because-" he started but got cut off.

"Vanessa! There you are. We have to do more songs. Remember? And you're the lead. Come on," Haley and Audet dragged me from Connor to the side of the stage. I took one last look at Connor and stepped on the stage.

•Chapter Playlist•
- Still The One by One Direction
- Move by Little Mix