Chapter 27

•Jc's POV•

When I saw Karly I didn't see the girl that bullies Vanessa. I saw this beautiful girl who is hurting and needs someone to care for her.

"Hey Karly. What's up? Why are you crying. You never cry," I said.

"Hey Jc. I'm fine. Don't worry about it," Karly said.

"Wanna tell me what's this about?" I asked.

"I feel useless. I wanted to kill myself since everyone hates me. But Vanessa made me realize that that's not the answer. That someday I'll be happy again. And I hope that day comes true," she told me.

"Trust me. It will," I said while crouching down and hugging her. And to my surprise. She hugged back. I swear I felt something. I now understand. She hurt someone else because she was hurting too. She needed to get her insecurities and low self-esteem out. We pulled apart but stayed close. I never noticed she had such pretty eyes.

"Have I ever told you, you have beautiful chocolate brown eyes?" I said.

"No," she blushed, "until now." Then she started leaning in. Should I lean in too? Does she like me now? Oh whatever. Screw it. Then our lips connected and I loved every second of it. This was a completely different side of her. I really liked this side. We separated and we just stared at each other.

•Karly's POV•

Jc is really getting me right now. But I can't fall for him. Not after what happened with him. As I remembered how he treated me tears started swelling up in my eyes. I really like Jc but I'm afraid to love since I have such a fragile heart. I get hurt so easily and I don't want to be heartbroken again.

"Karly? What's wrong? Don't cry. Please," Jc said. I started shaking my head.

"I'm sorry Jc. This was a mistake. I-I'm sorry. Goodbye," I said while running away. He tried to grab my wrist but I ran as fast as I could.

•Jc's POV•

A mistake? Did she not feel what I felt? I knew I couldn't love again. That's why I'm a player. That way I can't get my heart broken. She's not even my girlfriend but I feel like I just got my heart ripped out. But I can't let her go like that. It's just that I got so hurt in the past by her. And I don't want to get hurt again. I don't think I can handle another horrible break up. But the only thing that matters right now is that Karly is the one for me. I need to chase after her. I started running as fast as I could. I looked around and saw her with her head in her hands mumbling something. I got close but I don't think she noticed.

"He's gonna hurt me. He'll leave you. They always leave you. No one even likes you. Why would it be different now?" I heard her mumbling.

"I'm not gonna hurt you Karly. I care about you. And whoever 'they' are, they were idiots for leaving such a beautiful girl like you. Give us a chance Karly. How do you know it's going to turn out bad if you don't even give it a try?" I asked her.

"Do you want to talk in a more private place?" Asked Karly quietly.

"Sure. Wanna go to that little café to talk?" I asked her.

"Yes," she said while getting up and dusting herself off. She started wiping her eyes to look better I guess but I stopped her.

"Stop it. You look beautiful," I said while taking her hand and walking to the little café. I saw her blush and she walked with me without hesitation. We got there and I ordered two medium hot chocolates and sat with Karly.

"So you wanna talk why you think I'm going to hurt you?" I asked.

"If it's not clear I mean emotionally. Not physically. I used to have a boyfriend who I thought I loved but I really didn't. He cheated on me. Several times. Everyone told me he was having sex with other girls but I was so blind because I wanted to find love and he told me he loved me and I was so lonely that I chose to believe him. I didn't think he would cheat on my until I saw him fucking the biggest slut in school. Literally fucking her. When I saw he got mad and hit me. His name was Josh. I was in tenth grade when this happened. I haven't had a boyfriend since. And I'm afraid. Afraid to be heartbroken. I really like you Jc. That's why I can't be with you," Karly finished explaining.

"I really like you too, Karly. There was this girl that did the exact same things to me. She would always sleep with guys but I tried to convince myself that it wasn't her. I eventually saw her stripping for this guy. I didn't even know who he was. That happened in tenth grade also. That's why I became a player. So I can't get hurt. But now that I know the real you, I can't help but feel this way. Like we're meant to be. Like nothing can break this. I would quit being a stupid player any day if it meant I could call you mine. If I could hold your hand, make you blush, kiss you when I want to, and love you when you need to be loved," I said while she cried and smiled at me while chuckling.

"What was her name?" She asked.

"Brittany," I said with no emotion.

"Jc. I have a confession to make," she said.

"Go ahead," I said.

"I want to be you girlfriend. I want you to be mine. I want to be yours. I want to be able to call you cute nicknames or call you cause I miss hearing your voice. So what do you say Jc?" She said. I just cupped her cheeks and kissed her passionately.

"I also want to be yours," I said. She smiled and hugged me.