Chapter 19

•Vanessa's POV•

Little black dress
Just walked into the room
Makin' heads turn
Can't stop looking at you
It's so right
It's so right
It's so right you know
Little-

Ugh. It's Monday. I do like school but I'm not a morning person at all. I showered the night before so I don't have to worry about that. I hate showering in the morning. Mostly cause I have a lot of hair and it's thick so it takes too much time to air dry and I hate blow drying it. It makes it all poofy. Girls are always like, "Oh my gosh, I love your hair!! I wish my hair was that pretty." Well my hair doesn't just happen. The struggle of life. I put on a white shirt and some dark blue jeans and made a halo braid and bobby pined it on the back. As I went downstairs I didn't see my parents again. Okay. What the hell is going on? Kian was downstairs eating breakfast.

"Hey Kiki. Where are Mom and Dad?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen them in the last few days. I thought you knew where they were," Kian responded with a mouthful of cereal.

"Kian, I'm getting worried. You know our parents are overprotective. They wouldn't just leave us alone without saying anything," I said.

"I know, I know. Let's just get to school and figure this out later. Kay? Oh and you need a ride?"

"Duh. I don't have a damn car. Let's go before we're late," I told him.

"Aren't you gonna eat breakfast?" Kian asked me.

"Nah. I'll just eat something over there or something. I'm not really hungry." The truth is, I'm trying to loose weight. So I'm skipping breakfast from now on. I'll still eat lunch though so no one suspects anything. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door, following my brother. We got to the car and I turned on the radio cause I cannot live without music. How To Save a Life by The Fray started playing. I started singing quietly.

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness

"Wow Vanessa. You've gotten better. You haven't sang in a long time. Why?" Kian asked me. My bullies have been telling me I sing horrible so I didn't want to sing anymore, even though I love it.

"I don't know..." I answered quietly, "but I am going to sing at the end of the year party."

"Really? That's awesome! You haven't made covers in your YouTube channel lately," Kian said.

"I know. I'm actually going to upload a video tomorrow and I still have to film it. I think I'll do a cover. I promised the fans Connor would be in it so I'll do a cover with Connor!" I almost screamed.

"Speaking of Connor. How are things going between you two?" Kian asked me with a smirk.

"Things are going great in fact. I really do love him," I said, mumbling the last part.

"Now you know what love feels like. I feel the same way for Andrea. She's my world," Kian said with a huge smile. Heart Attack by One Direction started playing. We started jamming to the lyrics and laughing when I saw a car swerving in front of us.

"KIAN! KIAN!" I screamed.
"COVER YOUR HEAD!" Kian screamed back.

•Connor's POV•

I'm just hanging out with the guys before school starts when I get a phone call.

"Um.. Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Connor Franta?" The person asks.

"Yes. Who's this?" I question.

"Your friends Kian and Vanessa Lawley have been in a terrible car accident and are at the hospital. In their phone your name was appearing a lot so we called you since we couldn't contact their parents," the lady explained. Holy shit. A lot to take in.

"Okay. What hospital are they at?" I asked panicking a little.

"At Alvarado Hospital."

"Okay thank you. I'll be right there," I said while hanging up.

I went to the office and told then what happened and that I needed to leave school. They understood and let me go without marking me down. I drove to the hospital and almost ran to the receptionist.

"Hi, where are Vanessa and Kian Lawley's room?" I asked the woman.

"What? Oh," she said while turning around, sticking were chest out and trying to look seductive, "sure sweet thing. Room 220." Gosh, can that lady be anymore more annoying? As I got to the room and opened the door, I saw two bodies. And they sure were my two best friends.

"Guys?" I asked quietly.

"Oh hey Connor," Kian greeted me.

"Hey. Why isn't Vanessa waking up?"

"Yeah about that-" Kian started but got cut off by the doctor entering the room.

"Connor, may I talk to you for a second?" He asked.

"Yes of course," I told him, "what's going on?" I asked him while we were outside the room.

"I'll just get right to the point. Vanessa is in a coma."