Chapter 42

•Connor's POV•

I've been in my hotel room all day. I filmed my video for O2L since it was VidCon week. I can't do this anymore. I can't keep fake smiling to all my fans. No one knows this, but I've been a very unhappy person for some time. I know Vanessa already has depression and I don't want to worsen it by telling her I've been feeling depressed lately. After I filmed the video I burst into tears. I can't take this anymore. I can't take being fake and lying to everyone. I need to talk to the O2L guys. I need to be honest with them. But I can't tell Vanessa about this. I've noticed I make her happier and I can't take that away. Just then the door opened.

"Hey babe. Sorry I'm-" Vanessa walked in and looked me. I was on the floor with wet tears rolling down my face.

"Connor, what happened. What's going on? Why are you crying?" Vanessa said and kneeled down in front of me. She held my face in her hands and looked at me. "Why are you sad?"

"I can't tell you," I said while my voice cracked.

"You can tell me anything," she said in a soothing voice.

"You'll leave me if I tell you," I whispered

"I would never leave you, Connor. I love you. Nothing can change that," she said and pulled my face closer. "Now tell me what's going on."

"Vanessa, no one knows this but I have been a very unhappy person for about six months. I can't concentrate. My YouTube videos are slacking and YouTube is feeling more like a job now. Not something I want to do. I don't want to let down any of my fans but I think I'm gonna leave Our2ndLife for a while. Until I can get better and improve my videos. I need this," I said while crying even harder. She hugged me tight. "And I don't want to make you unhappy. I've seen you have been happier with me cause of my positive attitude. I don't want to hurt you. I love you way too much to do that. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you," Vanessa said. I smiled really small.

"I love you," I said.

"And I love you," Vanessa said and kissed my lips softly, making everything on my mind slip away for a moment. When we separated, my mind clouded again.

Chapter Playlist•

- Flawless by Beyonce

- For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert

- Boss by Fifth Harmony