Chapter 34

•Connor's POV•

I'm really not looking forward to this. I don't want to go to this stupid dance knowing Vanessa is over me and that I'll never be with her again. It's not fair. But the world is not a wish-granting factory. The guys made me come to this stupid party to get over my feelings since I've done nothing ever since the break up. Why did I ever break up with Vanessa? She was so perfect in my eyes. I hope she doesn't have a date. That would really hurt. I'm here with Kian right now since he didn't drive Vanessa and her friends.

"Do you think she came with someone?" I asked him.

"Dude. I know you love her but you fucked up on your own. I'm sure she still loves you though," Kian said.

"You really think so?" I asked with a small smile. Kian turned to me and smiled.

"I'm sure of it."

Just then, a group of girls came in all at once. My jaw dropped. Vanessa was standing there smiling with confidence. She looked stunning. I've never seen her in a dress and she can really rock short dresses. And the color purple went really good with her. It was Vanessa, Andrea, Jenn, Audet, Haley, Chloe, Emily, Rebecca, Lia, Karly, and a few other girls. I didn't see any guys with them so maybe they came alone. I saw Kian walk to Andrea and they kissed and I felt lonely and whatever. Jc walked to Karly but I feel he would look better with Lia. Vanessa, Haley, and Audet went to the DJ and I just stared at them. She hasn't even noticed me yet. She turned around and saw me staring at her. And holy shit, she did not seem happy.

•Vanessa's POV•

Audet, Haley, and I were talking to the DJ to make sure the music was okay and nothing was going to go wrong. I turned around and I saw someone I seriously wanted to avoid tonight. Connor. When I looked at him I couldn't help but feel angered towards him. He broke my heart. And I want to break his face. I looked away and walked over the Andrea and Jenn. Andrea came with Kian and Jenn came with Jack. I'm lonely now.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Hey girl. What's wrong?" Andrea asked.

"I saw Connor," was all I said.

"Oh shit. Well you should go have fun. You look beautiful and no one is going to ruin your night," Andrea said.

"You know what? You're absolutely right. See you guys later," I said and walked off. I saw this really cute guy and walked over to him.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey," he smiled, "what's a pretty girl like you doing here by herself?"

"Looking for someone attractive to dance with," I winked. He smirked and bowed.

"May I have this dance?"

"Yes, you may," I said and took his hand. We started dancing but I could feel someone's stare. I made this random dude spin me around so I could look who it was and sure enough, it was him. The song was over and the DJ called me and the girls over.

"See ya later, sweet thing," the guy said. I just half smiled and walked over.

"You guys ready?" He asked me, Haley, and Audet.

"Yes," we all said. We went on stage and as always, I was in the middle. I picked this song. It's one of the best songs I've ever heard. With or Without You by U2.

See the stone set in your eyes

See the thorn twist in your side

I'll wait for you

Sleight of hand and twist of fate

On a bed of nails she makes me wait

And I wait without you

With or without you

With or without you

Through the storm we reach the shore

You give it all but I want more

And I'm waiting for you

With or without you

With or without you

I can't live

With or without you

And you give yourself away

And you give

And you give

And you give yourself away

My hands are tied, my body bruised

She's got me with

Nothing to win

And nothing left to lose

And you give yourself away

And you give

And you give

And you give yourself away

With or without you

With or without you

I can't live

With or without you

Ooooooo

Ooooooo

Ooooooo

With or without you

With or without you

I can't live

With or without you

With or without you

Everyone applauded when we finished.

Then I saw Connor. He was looking at me and had a really sad look on his face. I know why. "With or Without You". I wanted to do this song to prove I can do anything without him. But now I realize I need him in my life. I still love him. I still want to be with him. I hold his stare a second more, look away, fake smile, and bow.

Chapter Playlist

- With or Without You by U2

- Ribs by Lorde

- Back For You by One Direction