Chapter 43

•Vanessa's POV•

VidCon ended two days ago. It honestly broke my heart to see the love of my life like this. Connor was always looked at as a positive person who can make your day just by smiling at you. I love that about him. But I will get him through this. He made me happier. Now it's my turn to return the favor.

3 months later

Today, July 7, 2014, Connor announced he is leaving Our2ndLife. I saw him make the video. He cried afterwards. I just held him. I wanted to be there for him. To be brave. But I know he will get through this. We will get through this.

"Let's go out," I said. Connor and I were currently on the couch watching Disney Channel. His head was in my lap.

"Where?" He asked.

"Olive Garden. I've never been there," I said.

"Let's go then," Connor said. I could tell he was making an effort to not break down. #WeSupportYouConnor and #WeStillLoveYouConnor have been trending on Twitter and Instagram and that helped him a little. It made him feel better knowing his fans aren't blaming the guys and aren't hating him. He's going through a tough time but I know this will soon vanish. Connor went to take a shower and I changed my clothes since I was in sweatpants and a pajama shirt. Connor got out and changed. We walked downstairs and the guys were there watching TV.

"You okay, Con?" Sam asked. I'm letting the bullying thing go. Sam and Jc have been a lot nicer to me.

"Yeah," Connor mumbled.

"Well we're going out to eat. See you guys later," I said and grabbed Connor's hand.

"Why don't you want to hang out with the guys? First the guys, then your brother, and then me," Connor said, tears coming to his eyes.

"Connor, what are you talking about? It's not that I don't want to hang out with them. I just want some alone time with you. I just want to be with you without anyone interrupting. I just miss us. You're always with the guys. I get they're basically your brothers but I'm your girlfriend. I also want some Connor time. But if you want, you can invite the guys," I said kinda mad. He just doesn't understand. I get he's going through a hard time but I've been through that also and I wasn't bitching at anyone or overreacting. I didn't make a big deal.

"I'm sorry. I just feel like everything is against me. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to. I love you. I'm just afraid you'll leave me," Connor said and grabbed my hand rubbing it with his thumb. We were still parked.

"I forgive you. And I love you, too. I just don't want this to get to you. I feel like you prefer the guys than me," I said sadly. I've never told him but I do feel excluded.

"Oh. I didn't know you felt that way," Con said.

"It's okay," I said quietly.

"Let's stop arguing and go. I want to spend time with my beautiful girlfriend," Connor smiled. I blushed and smiled back.

"That's the first time I've seen you smile for real in a long time," I said.

"I had a good reason: You," he said. I laughed and blushed really hard.

We arrived at Olive Garden and holy shit. It's so fucking classy and pretty and I'm here looking like a potato. We went to a table and they offered lemonade.

"Damn. This is good," Connor said and took another sip.

"I know," I smiled. We ordered some bred with the Alfredo dip and it was so freaking good. I ordered spaghetti with sausage and and Con ordered the pasta with shrimp. We then shared a dessert and drank all of the whine that was left. It felt pretty awesome. I felt relaxed.