Chapter 33

•Vanessa's POV•

It's finally Sunday. It's finally the dance of the year. The last dance of high school. The day after Connor broke my heart. No! I can't let him affect me. I don't care about him. Okay maybe just a little bit... Or a lot. Same thing. The dance is in 3 hours so I got some time to kill. I already showered and I need someone to help me dress and put make up on. I called Andrea since she's so good at girly stuff.

"Sup Drea. I need help," I said into the phone.

"I'll be there in 10. And I know you do. You need to help to my hair though. I can't curl it that good by myself."

"Yeah sure. See you in a bit. Bye," I said and hung up. I got my dress out of the closet and put it on. Except for the zipper on the back. I need help with that. The doorbell rang and I was engulfed in a huge hug.

"Careful. I'm holding the dress up. Can you zip it?" I said. Andrea pulled it up and I saw she was in a beautiful red dress.

"Girl you look fabulous!" I said.

"You do, too! Connor will be head over heels for you," she said. My smiled faded.

"Can we not talk about him?" I said.

"I'm sorry, Vanessa. I know you loved him."

"Love," I corrected.

"Right. Vanessa, I know you love him. But he broke your heart and you can't be hung up on him. You're better than that," she said.

"You know what? You're right," I said with a smile, "Now let's go get ready."

I pulled her in my room and she started doing my make up. I don't even know what it's called but it looked amazing. She made it a dark shade of purple too so it would match my dress. She did her own make up and I curled her hair with a curling wand. Then she curled my hair with a straightener so it wasn't too curled like hers. It was 7:13 pm right now so we decided to call the girls to see if they were ready. They all were so we drive to the school gym. I'm going to make this the night if my life. And no one is going to ruin that. Not even Connor Franta.

•Shakira Playlist•

- Can't Remember to Forget You {Feat. Rihanna}

- Gypsy

- Hips Don't Lie

- Rabiosa {Feat. Pitbull}

- Addicted To You