Chapter 23

•Vanessa's POV•

Today I will go to the abandoned house and get my parents. I got up, took a shower, and after my hair air dried, I fishtail braided it. I put on a random shirt and a pair of jeans and got to school. Kian already left so I walked there. When I got to school I saw Karly flirting with Connor. I walked to them.

"Hey Connor. Karly," I said coldly when I referred to her name. She looked at me and scrunched up he nose in disgust. And Connor just looked shocked and couldn't say anything. I also shot Karly a nasty look. After a minute Connor finally said something.

"Um.. Hey babe," he said.

"Aww, Connie. I knew you weren't over me," Karly said while giving him a fake smile and a smirk to me.

"He was talking to me, you bitch," I said, "he's my boyfriend if you didn't know. Remember you got dumped?" She just scoffed.

"Connie, are you gonna let her treat me like this? Oh and I forgot to tell you yesterday, I thought you died. It's better for everyone if you killed yourself," Karly said and I wanted to cry whilst Connor wanted to punch a wall.

"Stop fucking calling me Connie and you deserve to be treated like shit. And I know it was you who made Vanessa be in a coma for three days!" Connor yelled at her face. Karly's face went pale.

"Y-You don't know that," she stuttered.

"I do. Now goodbye. Come on Connor. We're leaving," I pulled Connor and went to walk the other way.

"Oh and another thing. Come alone," Karly said before walking away.

"What's she talking about?" Connor interrogated me.

"Nothing now come on," was the last thing I told him while walking to Audet, Haley, Emily, and my new friend, Addison.

•Connor's POV•

I know Vanessa is hiding something. And I'm gonna find out.

"I'm going to go with the guys. Talk to you later," I told Vanessa while pecking her lips and walking over to talk to Kian.

"Hey Kian. Could I talk to you in private?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure what's up," he said while walking to a corner where no one can hear us.

"There's something going on with your sister," I told him.

"How do you know?" Kian asked.

"Well Karly told her to 'come alone'," I said while putting air quotes, "and she told me it was nothing. Plus they hate each other. No way they're going to hang out as friends or anything."

"Well we need to figure out where she's going then. Vanessa can't be put in danger," Kian said. I agreed. I need to tell him if he knows about her self harming and bulling. I know Vanessa will be pissed but I have to ask him.

"Hey do you know if Vanessa has any... problems?" I asked.

"Problems? Not really. She never has problems at school and she's always happy," Kian answered. Okay. So he doesn't know about her bullying.

"Well she hasn't told you this and I probably shouldn't but," I said while pausing, "Vanessa gets bullied and self harms because of it." Kian looked shocked. "And two of her bullies are Jc and Sam."

"I'm going to kill those idiots," Kian said through gritted teeth.

"But Sam doesn't bully her anymore. He apologized and wanted to be friends with her but she doesn't want to be. I don't know about Jc but I haven't seen him even getting close to Vanessa lately," I said.

"Except for now," Kian said while pointing to Jc, walking over to Vanessa and her friends. He better not be a dick to her or someone's getting a foot up the ass.

•Vanessa's POV•

The girls were teasing me about Connor when suddenly Jc came up to me and asked if we wanted to talk. I said sure because why the fuck not.

"So not to be rude but what do want? Actually never mind. I'll be rude. What do you want?" I said.

"A second chance," Jc said.

"A se- what are you talking about?" I asked clearly confused.

"I second chance to be friends and even more if you'd like," he said while smirking slightly.

"Well I know I don't want to be more than friends but I guess we could hang out with the guys and I could not hate you," I said, "if that makes any sense."

"It does. So what do you say? Friends?" Jc asked while extending his arms for a hug

"Non-haters," I said, "and I don't give hugs to assholes." I shot him a small smile and walked the Connor and Kian.

"Hey babe, hey big bro," I while putting my elbow on Kian's shoulder.

"Bitch get off me and what did Jc talk to you about? I saw he went in for a hug but you rejected," Kian said.

"You know I'm not a hugger when I'm not close to people and he wanted to be friends. And before you ask I just said we're non-haters toward each other. I'm not exactly ready to be friends with someone who caused me so much pain and- wait. How do you know something was wrong, Kiki?" I asked. Kian looked to Connor while Connor just nodded.

"Connor told me about how Jc and Sam used to bully you. He thought it was best if I knew," Kian said.

"I hope you're not mad," Connor said in a kid voice while opening his arms.

"Of course I'm not mad," I said while hugging him. He wrapped his arm around me while Kian said, "Keep those hands up mister. I don't want my sister pregnant at 18."

"Kian! Oh my gosh! I do not plan on losing my virginity at 18 so calm down. Pretty sure you lost yours to a certain someone," I said.

"Oh snap!" Said Connor.

***********

I just finished being with the dance committee and rehearsing my performance with my friends and. I have to go meet Karly at the abandoned house. I was walking to the parking lot and I saw Connor. Of course.

"Hey my lady," Connor said while opening the door for me.

"Hey cutie," I said while chuckling.

"You want to go to my place and eat pizza and play Monopoly?" Connor asked.

"As fun as that sounds, I can't today. I have plans but maybe some other time. Laters," I say while we reach my house and I gave him a kiss and got out of the car.

"Don't miss me too much!" Connor said while the door was almost closed. I just smiled and went into my house. I'll just wait a few minutes until Connor is out of the way and I'll go get my parents. Hope he doesn't stop me. He literally lives a few houses down from me. About 20 minutes away walking distance.

15 minutes passed and I grab my purse with my phone in it and started waking towards the abandoned house.

•Connor's POV•

I didn't trust Vanessa saying she had plans so I went to my house, which is only 10 minutes away driving distance, and waited for her. I finally saw her walk out with a purse going to the street to the right. There was nothing there except for an abandoned house. Is that where she's meeting Karly? It could be. I need to follow her. I got out of my house with my phone in my back pocket and started walking to the creepy abandoned house.