Captain Falcon x Reader

Captain Falcon x Shy!Reader
You Don't Have to be Afraid
(If you didn't know his real name is Douglas Jay Falcon, so don't be confused when you call him Douglas)
@comet23

You read a book and sat on Captain Falcon's back as he did push-ups with one arm. You two have been friends for so long you almost forgot when you eventually did become friends. Of course, you were shy and becoming friends with Captain Falcon would be the most least likely thing, but it had its chances. He switched arms, making you jump, but it happened so often when he'd joke around with you like that. You remained unaffected and flipped through the pages of your book. "Nice try Douglas." You smile down at the 'professional' racer. Falcon shrugged with a smirk. This continued for a while until he dropped himself and rolled over, making you fall. "Dude." You sigh, making Falcon laugh.

"What are you two doing?" Fox asks. You were both on the around and you had your legs across Falcon's stomach. "Laying here after my training." Falcon says plainly. Fox looks at you with a questionable look in his eyes. You sit up quickly and tilt your head. "I was helping him. Then he rolled over while I was reading." You say, giving a sigh at the end. "You two are a weird couple..." Fox chuckles, walking away. "C-couple?" You stutter quietly. "Something wrong Y/n?" Falcon asks. "No, nothing's wrong Douglas. Everything's fine." You say, looking up at him, then standing up.

"It's getting dark we should head inside." You say helping Falcon up and picking up your book. "If you say so." Falcon shrugs, following you inside. "Hey N/n! Thanks for letting me borrow your sword polish!" Ike exclaims, walking over and nudging you. Your face turns red and you choke your head with a smile. "It's no problem, really. I don't even have my sword so it's yours to keep." You say. You collected swords for a while and polished them, as of now you use a F/w. "Thanks N/n, g'night." Ike bids, walking off slowly. "Goodnight." You say softly, then Ike disappears around a corner. "He can't fluster you as much as I do." Falcon smirks, putting an arm around your shoulders.

Your face becomes another dark shade of red, making Falcon chuckle. "Take it easy Y/n, you look like you're about to explode." Falcon jokes, taking his arm off your shoulders. "Sorry." You apologize, covering your red face. "Don't apologize, it's cute anyways." Falcon compliments, making your face more red, well, it would be if it was possible. "Stop." You whine, though it was muffled by your hands. Falcon chuckles again, ruffling your hair. "Let's watch a movie, we have a whole week without having to train or game on anyways." Falcon says. "Oh yeah, free week." You say, looking at the book in your hands.

"I'm going to put my book back in my room, we're obviously not going to the theatre, right?" You ask. "No, we have those smaller living room areas with the big TV's." Falcon says. "Which one though?" You ask. "Well, two of them are being used already tonight, by the pool and game room. So we'll have another 6 to choose from." Falcon says, walking with you to your room. "It doesn't matter to me, just as long as we get comfortable fold out couches." You say, opening your room door. "This is the most organized room, I swear." Falcon says. "You can come in, I have a few things to do before we watch a movie." You say, putting your book in the right place.

"Seriously Y/n how the heck?" Falcon asks. Alrighty. Well, I'm ready to go when you are." You smile, holding your hands behind your back. "Follow me." Falcon says, leading you to a comfortable looking room with a large TV. "The carpet is so pink and fluffy." You grin. Falcon shakes his head and unfolds the couch. "You're really weird for being shy." Falcon says. You switch on the television, but turn it down to avoid annoying others. "What do you wanna watch?" You ask. "Horror." Falcon replied immediately. "Oh boy. Are you trying to make this cliché?" You ask, rolling your eyes with a face palm.

"I'll never tell." Falcon says, sitting back as you click the scariest movie. "Here we go." You sigh sitting back.

~One Hour Later~

You yawn as Falcon jumps from another jump scare. As the movie ends in a predictable way Falcon sighs in relief. "You're not even scared? You didn't jump or flinch?" Falcon asks. "I-uh. No...is that bad?" You ask. "No, that's like have a superpower, probably." Falcon shrugs. "Eh." You grunt tiredly. "How about, we stop watching horror because you need sleep. We'll just watch the Lion King or something." You say, stretching out. As you do Falcon wraps an arm around you, making you turn red again. "I'm fine with Lion King." Falcon says casually. You switch from the horror section to the more child friendly section.

"And please don't start crying." You sigh, but grab the tissues anyway for Falcon. You eventually fall asleep half way through the movie. You wake up, leaning on Falcon. Your face becomes red again when you realize his arm's still around you. "Morning sunshine." Falcon says stretching out. "Good morning." You say quietly, avoiding too much contact. You couldn't help but stare, he was always so nice to you, he sugarcoats it more than half the time, but he's been really great towards you for the past month. You shy away from him a little, then stretch out yourself. "I'm gonna go take a shower, see you in a bit." You inform. Falcon nods, folding the couch back up when you leave.

~Later That Morning~

You laid in the grass next to Falcon, listening to the birds and the children brawlers laugh while running around. "Well if it isn't The overconfident and...you." Peach glares. "Yo." Falcon greets normally like she wasn't an animal. "What? Cat got your tongue?" Peach asks with a smirk. "No. I just don't like you." You say, barley above a whisper. "What was that?!" Peach asks, snarling at this point. "Leave her alone." Falcon sighs. "Or what? It's not right to hit a girl!" Peach giggles. Falcon stands up, throwing Peach over his shoulder and walking off. You watch him approach Mario. "This belongs to you." Falcon says, putting Peach down and he walks back over to you.

"He'll never love you!" Peach yells as Mario face palms. "Mamamia." Mario sighs. "I hate being shy..." You whisper, but Falcon heard as he sat next to you. "Why's that?" He asks. "I-I um...well. You can't really talk to people right. You just worry about the mistakes you're about to make." You sigh. "I want to help you get over your shyness, I mean, I'm halfway there already. You finally talk back to people." Falcon says. You sit up, making Falcon curious of what you wanted to say. "Yeah but we have such a long ways to go...how will you even put up with me?" You mutter. "So...what kind of emotions do you feel N/n?" Falcon asks.

"I feel...anxious, worry...I feel afraid." You sigh. "You don't have to be afraid, N/n. If you let me help you, I'll try my best to get rid of those bad feelings." Falcon insists. "Why are you doing this for me?" You ask, avoiding eye contact. "I should've told you this a while ago, but Y/n, I've loved you since you arrived at the mansion." Falcon admits. Your shyness takes over, but you shake it off for once. "I-I love you too!" You giggle, hiding the shock you have for yourself. Falcon grins hugging you. "I'm glad." He says. You shake you head with a soft smile. "I want to try something." You say, your eyes closed. "What's that?" Falcon asks. You kiss him, surprising the both of you. "Even though you snuck the first kiss, I love you more." Falcon grins.