When You Have A Nightmare

Light

You have had nightmares before but nothing like the one you have tonight. It felt so weird, the monster  that was chasing you through the forest, and when you fell, you thought you were done fore.

You awake with a scream. The minute Light hears you he jumps up and pulls you to him. "What happened?" He looks around looking for any harm that could come to you or cause you to scream. You calm down a little, a pull away from him wiping the sweat off your face.

"N-nothing, sorry, it was just a nightmare." Light gives you a small smile and pulls you back to him, rubbing your back soothingly and playing with your hair. You both lay back down on the bed.

"I'll keep you safe," Light says sweetly into your ear. You give a little huff.

"I know you will."

L

You have a terrible nightmare. You awoke with a start and looked over to see Lawliet, asleep for once. You didn't want to wake him since he hardly ever gets sleep, so you slowly get up and make your way downstairs. You make yourself a cup of tea and sit down at the kitchen table. After awhile of just sipping your tea, you hear footsteps approaching you.

"Did you have a nightmare?" You hear Lawliet asks. You laugh a little, watching him pull out a piece of cake from the fridge. "You should have woke me. Or deep down you knew I would wake up eventually."

"You hardly ever sleep, I wanted to let you rest." Lawliet smiles, pulling his seat close to you and taking your hand in his. For the rest of the night, you sit drinking your tea and eating your cake, and you forget about the nightmare.

Mello

You dreamt Kira had returned and found a way to kill Mello. All though you knew it was impossible, you couldn't help but wake up feeling terrified and you couldn't help the pitiful cry you released. You turn over to see Mello sleeping peacefully. Tentatively, you wrap your arms around his waist and try to fall back asleep. Mello turns around and pulls you against his chest, pulling the hair out of your face.

"What was it about?" You sigh and tell him everything about your dream. He laughs after he hears it. "Yeah, well don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

"It was still startling," you say softly. He kisses your forehead gently and strokes your hair.

"I know, (F/N)."

Matt

When you woke up from your nightmare, you didn't really know what to do. You were not screaming, or crying, or panting, or anything really. You were just in shock that you had such a gruesome dream. You sat up in the bed and turned to see Matt wasn't in bed, so you got up to find him. Matt was downstairs, of course, playing video games. He pauses the game when he hears you approaching him.

"What are you doing up?" He asks with a small smile.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asks. You nodded, sitting next to him and resting your head on his shoulder. "Well, I guess you'll just have to play video games with me to forget."

Near

You jumped in the bed, grabbing Near and shaking him awake. He awakes panicked and jumps up himself gripping your shoulders. "What happened?" He asks desperately.

"Oh, thank god, you're alive," you cry.

"Of course I'm alive," he says pulling you into a hug. You cry into his shoulder, clutching him for dear life. You even hear him mumble, "I never knew you were this strong." You let him go, and he gently wipes away your tears with his thumb. "It was just a dream, (F/N). Nothing is going to happen to me."