♥Chapter 3 -Sleep over♥

Zach's POV

Zach's POV

I shift into the seat of the bright yellow cab in front of my house with a sigh. Will is taking my mother somewhere that I don't care about, so I'm forced to get there by my own means. I'm going to his house. Jonah's house.

His house is just a couple miles away from my house, so it doesn't take long before the cab pulls up and I make my way to his front door.

I'm sort of dreading ringing the doorbell. It feels really awkward being here. Liiza and I haven't been here since the incident happened.

I press the modern, white doorbell and the door opens almost instantly, drifting me out of my thoughts. A woman, probably in her thirties, stands in front of me.

"Hello, may I help you?" She asks politely.

"Uh..." I pause for a moment, gathering my thoughts. "I'm here to see Jonah"

The woman lets me in and gestures to a plush, leather couch to wait on while she gets Jonah. The place has changed a lot after all these years.

Jonah's house is huge. It is three stories, with high ceilings, winding, modern staircases and even, a big dining hall.

Jonah's filthy rich, like me. His parents earn a lot of money. But, at least when I was last with him, they hardly know what going on in his life because they're always busy, all day, everyday, and Jonah is usually free to do anything he wants.

"Mr. Marais will be here in a minute." the woman smiles.

"Okay. Thank you." I reply.

Jonah walks down the staircase, stopping suddenly when he spots me. He looks surprised. I can't blame him. He must be wondering why I came back to him after 4 whole years of not even talking.

"Look who suddenly showed up," Jonah says slowly, smirk on his face.

He hasn't changed after all these years.

"Hi Jonah," I say, trying to be nice and masking the anger building up inside me.

"What do you want?" He asks, with a frown.

"I need your help." I reply slowly. "The only reason I'm coming to you is that you're the only one I can trust right now"

I pat the space beside me and tell him to sit, before I explain everything.

"I'm fake dating Liiza and I need to you to go out with her best friend on our group date with the rest on my friends."

"What? Why?" He looks puzzled.