A Canadian Vacation (Chapter 16)

10:02 p.m. was when Gabby heard a familiar "Achoo." Her heart pounding loudly, she beamed when she read, Just landed. Will see you soon.

Heading to the arrival doors, her palms growing clammier with each passing minute, Gabby chewed on her bottom lip as she waited for the first sign of passengers disembarking. Eventually, seeing Ignazio's handsome face appear in the crowd, Gabby pushed past the bodies in her way. Bouncing on her toes and waving her hands, she called out his name.

Dropping his bags at her feet, she jumped into his arms and giggled as he lifted her off the ground and spun her around. Embracing, neither cared if they were in the way of others.

Waiting in the baggage area, Gabby found herself staring at Ignazio. There was a disconnect between her body and her mind which left her feeling stunned, and though she had felt his arms around her, inhaled his aroma, and tasted his kisses, her eyes refused to believe this was real. Touching his face, chest, and arms, she squeezed them each to reassure herself he was there.

***

Stopping at the back of a compact sedan, Ignazio was not expecting Gabby to open the door to the truck parked right next to it.

"You drive a truck?"

"Yup! I'm a petite woman in a big blue beast."

"I never pictured you for a truck-driving woman."

"Why not?"

"Uhhh..." shrugging, he didn't have an answer.

Listening to her laugh, Ignazio tossed his carry-on bag onto the backseat. With growing excitement at getting to know her better over these next two weeks, he pushed the larger suitcase up next to it. Not allowing her to dart past him, his body became reacquainted with the sensations and emotions of being near the woman he loved. Pressing his lips to hers, he took his time remembering the taste of her vanilla lip balm.

Chuckling when Ignazio's stomach broke them apart with a loud, low rumble, Gabby asked, "I know it is late, but do you want to get something to eat?"

"Yes," he said, allowing her to slip past him.

"Alright, I know where we can go." Sliding behind the wheel, Gabby looked over at Ignazio. "Hang onto your Italian boots. You're in cowboy country now."

***

Sitting in a corner booth, sharing appetizers, they talked, laughed, and sat in quiet reflection. Though he had a full 18 days free, she tried to convince him to only come for twelve, as she would be back at work for the last few days. Compromising on two weeks, Ignazio offered to watch Addilyn while her mom was at work.

"How hard could it be?" he asked.

***

Pulling up to the hotel, Gabby parked the truck.

"Thank you for understanding that I can't have you staying with me."

"Hey, I get it. I'm perfectly content to stay here." Tipping his head and batting his lashes, he flirtatiously asked, "Would you like to walk me to my door?"

Laughing, Gabby replied, "Yes, I would."

"This is nice," Ignazio said, tossing his jacket on the bench and his suitcase on the bed. As a seasoned traveller, the thing that quickly made a room memorable was the view. Surprised when Gabby beat him to the window, he chuckled.

"What's so funny?"

"You are," he said, taking her by the waist and walking backward.

"Why?"