Ch. 1 - Own It

• Dedicated to Love you all, new and older readers :)

< Chapter 1: Own It >

$Drake P.O.V$

I’m lying in the bed, looking at the ceiling, wondering how my life has change so significantly. If you told me back in 2009 that I would be here right now, I wouldn’t believe you. I love my life, especially now with everything that’s going on. Sure, it may not be perfect but it’s my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

“Whatcha’ thinking ‘bout?” Debbie turned over, and put her head on my chest.

I shook my head. “When I get out of that wheelchair, I wanna marry you.” I don’t know what made me say that.

She looked confused. “Are you sure? I don’t want to rush you to do something you’re not ready for,”

“I just want to be able to walk down the aisle with you.” I beamed rubbing her stomach. “I can’t wait to meet this baby. When is your next appointment?”

“Tomorrow, during your physical therapy appointment,”

I sat up. “Really? Again? That makes the third time.”

“I know, but you know how much you need it. The doctor said that you could be able to walk sooner if you keep it up.” Already sounding like a wife.

“Yeah I guess so,” I said softly before pulling myself in my wheelchair.

She watched me for the longest time. “What?” I looked at her.

“Nothing, just trying to figure out how I got so lucky,” she curled her nose; she does that when she thinks something is really cute.

“Stop, I’m not cute,” I chuckled.

“Oh yes you are! Sometimes, I wish you could see what I see,” she walked over and kissed me.

*beep*beep*

I kissed her back deeply before checking my phone.

*Text Message*

Makenzee

-I finished my parenting classes, I want to see Tori, if that’s okay-

Me:-I’m not keeping you from your child but I don’t want you to come over here starting any shit-

-I’m not going to; I just want to see Tori-

Me:-Alright-

“Makenzee wants to come see Tori,” I said as Debbie changed her clothes.

She looked at me in shock. “What did you say?”

“I said it was fine, are you okay with it?”

“Yeah, should we tell her about this?” she said pointing to her stomach.

“Hell no, she would probably tell the media,”

She shrugged her shoulder. “You’re probably right,”

♥ Debbie's P.O.V ♥

I walked in Tori’s room to check on her, to find her on the floor with Tabitha. They were playing with toys from the toy box.

“Sorry, I heard Tori and I didn’t want it to bother you and Drake too much,” Tammy sat in the rocking chair in the corner, reading a book. “They both ate also,”

“No, thank you,” I smiled. Since my sister has been here, she has been a life saver. Ever since I got pregnant, my energy has been shot but my sister has been there.