Ch. 40 - It's Been A Pleasure (End)

< Chapter 40: It's Been A Pleasure >

❤Debbie's P.O.V❤

*Two days later*

"So you got everything set?" I asked Aubrey as he finished bringing the bags our bedroom.

We are getting ready for our honeymoon.

Yeah, I had to get out that hospital. They gave me stitches and they wanted me to stay the rest of the week, so I was like 'Hell no,' I told them to let me go or I'll escape. They said just keep it wrapped up for a few days but every now and then, I would get a sharp pain in my side were it was. That's normal, I'm guessing.

We were still in North Carolina because our honeymoon is farther down south.

I walked in the guest bedroom Lisa was staying in to see if she was ready. "Did you finish packing the stuff for the kids?"

"Yeah, I packed Julianna and Tori some cheerios and other snacks for the jet," she put the diaper bag on her shoulder.

Yes, I am taking my kids on our honeymoon, why wouldn't I? It's the happiest place on earth.

"Babe?" Drake yelled from the our room.

"What?"

"The door,"

Now mind you, this is the same house Drake bought me, the two bedroom place with the kitchen, living room and dining room all in the same area. When you look out any of the bedrooms or the bathroom you can see the door. I ran for it anyway since he was packing.

I opened the door and closed it right back when I saw who it was. I'll be damned if he will come in this house.

Aubrey walked with my purse and my overnight bag. "Who was that?"

"A bastard," I sat on the couch with my arms folded.

He looked at confused but understand when he looked out the peephole. He looked around, scratching the back on his head. "Surprise?" then he open the door.

How did he find out where I lived??

The person was still standing there as he looked up at me. "Debbie, I am still your dad. Can you at least talk to me?"

True, I haven't seen him in almost eleven years but I know that face that lied to me so many times.

"Drake, I told you about him because I want to let you know everything about me going in to this marriage not so you can be damn Oprah and bring us back together! Get him out or I'm going back to Toronto to get my shit."

I walked in the bedroom and locked the door. Some things are best left alone.

$Drake's P.O.V$

Maybe it was a bad idea to try to bring them back together but she seem like she needed that.

I can give her everything I have and it wouldn't compare to the love a father can give. That's why no matter what happens, I always want to be in my girl's life. I know what it like not to have a father in your life but you heard about how successful his career is. I don't want them to go through that bullshit because it hurts.

"I'm sorry," I stood there holding the door.

He handed me a piece of paper before walking away. "Treat her good,"

I closed the door and ran to knock on our bedroom door. Mind you, we still have a flight to catch. "Deb, open the door,"

There was silence.