Ch. 22 - Free Spirit

< Chapter 22: Free Spirit >

♥Debbie's P.O.V

I opened my eyes slowly as the light from my phone beamed in my face. My head is pounding! Did I really drink that much? I picked my Iphone of the end table and looked for the time.

3:48am

Why am I up so early? But I haven't had a goodnight sleep in a long time. Maybe it because I'm on this ship, I don't know but I feel like I can live again. It's like a weight has been lifted of my shoulder as corny as it sounds.

I sat up and looked around in the darkness, trying to squint and see if Justin was in his bed.

"Justin!" I whispered.

I heard groaning sound but it didn't sound like it was coming from the other bed, it sounds like it coming from beside me.

"Justin?!" I shined the light from my phone to the space beside me, it was Justin, in just his boxers.

He got up quickly and turned on the lamp. "What's wrong?" he looked at me half asleep.

"Nothing, where's Demi?" I pulled my legs up to my chest.

He yawned while he laid his head on the headboard and looked at me. "Not sure."

If I don't asked this question now, I might regret it forever. I mean I was only wearing a bra and shorts. "Justin, did we hook up?"

He chuckled. "No, you were drunk. I wouldn't do that to you."

"What about if I was sober?" I looked at him shyly.

Justin got up and focused on me. "Debbie, we won't solve anything by having sex. Right now, you need someone who cares about you, not to use you up and turn over and fall asleep."

Why does he has to be right all the damn time? I truly know in my heart that he's right. I didn't say anything else because there's nothing else to say. For a moment, I wanted to give up, to let people use me, to give up as a mother.

"I care about you a lot and I'm not going to let you lose yourself." he scooted closer.

I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "Thank you for caring."

-------

I woke up with the sunlight hitting my face as I let out a slight groan. When my eyes adjusted, I saw Justin looking at me from the couch by the window. "You hungry?"

I did a little stretched. "Sure, why not?" I rolled out of bed.

It didn't take long before I was dress in a T-shirt and shorts with a bathing suit underneath. I grabbed my shades and followed Justin out the room. Justin grabbed my hand as he entwined his fingers with mine.

I caressed his hand softly with my thumb as we walked. I don't know what made me do it but when somebody has your back and you can feel it, that makes you comfortable around them. And I am comfortable around Justin and I can finally express it without somebody getting angry.

"Debbie!"

I turned around to see Selena and her friend. "Hey,"

"This is Cody-"

"Yeah, I heard of him." I smiled. "Y'all going to breakfast?"

Selena watched Justin while he looked at his phone. "Hey Justin."

"Selena." he acknowledged her.

The tension was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

"Well, we should get going." I pulled Justin along as all four of us walked into the dining area.

As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by Ashley, Demi and Tammy seated at a long rectangle table. Demi looked at my hand then my eyes. "Sorry I didn't come back to the cabin last night."

I shrugged while Justin pulled out my chair. "It's fine."

After he pushed in my chair, he sat down beside me and started to make me a plate.

"Justin, you don't have to do that." I smiled.

"Yeah Justin, you don't have to do anything but you know you want to." Tammy teased.

I giggled while Justin blushed.

+Makenzee's P.O.V+

"Where should I put this?" I asked Drake as I was holding a box of my clothes.

He took another swig from the bottle he had in his hand. "In the other room. You can move your stuff in my bedroom when the rest of Debbie's stuff is out of here."

I smiled as I walked into the extra room previously known as Julianna's room. Drake still has her stuff up like she's still here. I picked up a picture off the wall and sat it on the dresser.

"DON'T TOUCH THE PICTURES," Drake grabbed my hand.

I shrugged. "What? So you're going to keep her on the weekends or something?"

"She's still my daughter and that person in that picture is still her mother." he sat in the rocking chair that's beside the crib. "I miss her so much." He covered his eyes with his empty hand.

"We could try to get custody of her, it would be easier." I sat on the floor beside him.

"No, Debbie is a great mother, I wouldn't want to do that to her."

Oh so what he tryna say? I'm a bad a mom? Man fuck Debbie. It's her fault that my own kid barely knows me now.

I just rolled my eyes. "What good mom fights when she's pregnant?" I muttered to myself.

"Who did she fight?!"

Did I really just say that shit out loud?

"What?" I tried to play it off by questioning him.

"Damnit Makenzee, who did Debbie fight when she was pregnant?"

It shouldn't matter if it was me or not since they're broken up now, right? I mean the only reason he would still care if he still had feelings for her but that can't be the case because he broke up with her, right?

I closed my eyes and braced myself for what was about to come. "Me."

******

Du DU Duhhhhh

If I was Makenzee, I wouldn't have said anything!

What did you think about this chapter?

-debbiepearl