Ch. 3 - Too Much

< Chapter 3: Too Much >

Debbie's P.O.V

            I woke up in bed with Tori but no Drake; he sat in the wheelchair by the window with a pen and a notepad. I sat up, pushing the hair out my face, and looked at Drake affectionately. When I cleared my throat, his head shot up from his notepad and looked at me surprisingly.

“Aww, you’re up,” he came by the bed. “I brought Tori in here because she didn’t want to be alone.”   

“Its fine,” I yawned. I really don’t talk when I wake up, so I walked to the bathroom and did my normal morning routine. After I was fresh and ready to start my day, I sat on the bed and started texting.

*Text Message*  

Scooter B.

Me:-We need to talk-

-Alright, I’m busy right now. Do you want to meet at the studio?-

Me:-Doesn’t matter-

-I’ll text you when I’m done-

Me:-K-

I lay back on the bed, holding my stomach; it felt like it was doing flips. I am so nervous to tell him I’m pregnant. He is working so hard to get my name out there, with the CD signing, photo shoot and trying his best to put me on TV shows. I feel so bad that all that hard work might go down the drain.

“You okay babygirl?” he made his way to me then held my hand.

“Just stress,” I rubbed my forehead.

 He moved on the bed as he placed a hand on my pregnant belly. “You know what the doctor said, stress hurts the baby.”

I rolled my eyes but he was right. “I know,” I tried to smile it off. “I’m telling Scooter about it today,”  

“Good, at least you can get it off your chest.”

I shuffled in my seat. “I guess so,”

------------

I sat on the couch watch Bubble Guppies with Tori while we ate chicken nuggets I got from McDonalds. I was bored so I opened the Twitter app.

*Twitter*

@debbies_to_much I really wish I had some cool ranch Doritos and vanilla ice cream right now #hungrybutalreadyeating

“Mmuhm,” Tori crawled to me and handed me a wet nugget.

“Umm, that’s been in your mouth so you keep it,” I giggled.

She laughed.

*Text Message*

Scooter B.

-Alright, I’m free-

Me:-Okay, be there in 5 mins-

I pushed myself off the couch. “Aubrey, I’m leaving!” I grabbed my handbag off the kitchen table, kiss Tori and headed out the door.

I got into my red convertible, buckle my seat belt and made my way down the road. As I stopped at the stop sign, I put in my Iphone in the car dock and turned on the shuffle button. The first song that came on was Party by Beyoncé ft. J. Cole. While I was driving, I danced in my seat like it was nobody’s business. I was having too much fun, but it was sadly stopped when I arrived at the studio.

 I grabbed my bag and made sure I didn’t have a guilty look on my face. When I walked inside of his office, I saw Scooter talking to a tall, young woman, who turned around and smiled at me warmly. “Hi,” she waved. “I’m Autumn,”

“Hello,” I smiled back, a little surprise that someone else was here.

“Ah Debbie,” Scooter stood up waiting for me to sit. “Autumn wants to do a song with you, but she has to talk to her management first,”

“Nice to meet you,” I grinned. “Scooter, can I talk to you for a moment?”

“Sure,” he walked out the door and I followed him to the snack area.

I sat down and took a deep breath while he got a cup of coffee from the machine. He opened a sugar packet and poured it into the cup. I took this chance to just say what I had to say. “I’m pregnant,”

But because I was mumbling it sounded more like “I’m megnent”

“Come again?” he looked confused.

“I’M PREGNANT!” I said clearly and made sure I enunciate my words.

He cleared his throat and shuffled in his seat before he gave me the death glare. I felt like a child that has done something bad. Not a good feeling.

I didn’t get a response out of him, so I decided to speak first. “You are an AWESOME manager and I’m so sorry-”

“Wait,” he raised his hand. “Don’t apologize for starting a family.”

“I know but you had big plans for me and everything,”

“Stop speaking in past tense, I still DO have plan for you” he smiled. “Just because you’re having a baby, it’s not going to ruin your life. You’re not sixteen and I’m not your momma, I’m not allowed to be mad at you. If it was Justin, I would knock some sense into him.”

I laughed. I’m glad he’s not upset with me because I still want to be everything that he thinks I can be. I truly do have the best manager ever.

--------------

After Scooter, Autumn and I finish talking about the song we wanted to record, I talked a little more and me and Scooter started to make a schedule around my doctor appointments.

“Make sure you are at Glamour magazine at 9am for the cover photo and article, okay?” Scooter handed me a piece of paper.

“OMG, I made the cover?!” I squealed. “I’ll be there bright and early!”

**********

Well, I hope you like this update :)

Not my best but I'm trying my best!

I love you guys...thanks again for believing in me :)))

So, VFC

See you next update! (

-debbiepearl