Ch. 18 - Come Thru

< Chapter 18: Come Thru >

♪Justin's P.O.V

“No, it's one, two.” Rico, my choreographer, did a side step.

I groaned in frustration. “Alright, can I take a break?”

“Go,”

Before he could give me an answer, I was already out the door, running down the hall.

I slowed down when I saw Scooter, who was mindlessly talking on the phone.

“So?”

“Drake said she's in North Carolina.” he said after he hung up the phone. “But don't worry we'll fine someone to open for you.”

I'm not really worried about her opening for me, but I do have my reasons for worrying. Drake is not acting like himself lately and I'm worried about him.

Especially since I have been hanging out with him and Twist. All we ever do is party, smoke and drink. I thought Debbie was around but I should have known better since I know she wouldn't like nor approve of his actions recently.

As Scooter walked away, I pulled out my phone and call Debbie.

Debbiecakes:)

Hey Justin, whats up?

“Nothing, you got a minute to talk?”

Sorta, what is it?”

I don't know if it would be appropriate to tell her this over the phone.

“Um, when's the last time you talked to Drake?”

Why are you asking?” she got a bit defensive.

“No reason, I heard you're in North Carolina, having fun?”

Yeah, look, I have to put Julianna down for her nap. Talk to you later?”

“Sure, see you later.”

I really don't want to be ‘the bad guy’..again. But I can't just sit around and do nothing.

Think Justin, think.

$Drake's P.O.V$

“Aye, that shit is hot,” Twist laughed as he past the blunt to me. The smell of weed fill the air.

I pulled from it strong. “Shit, I know.”

We are listening to ‘The Language’ in the studio.  The past couple of weeks have been great. I ain't got no worries.

I stood up and got my phone out of my pocket because I felt it vibrate.

Justin B.

“Hey Justin, you coming over?”

Actually, I'm outside.”

“Well, come the fuck in.”

I tossed my phone on the table and pulled out a Newport cigarette. It wasn't long before Justin walked in.

“What's up man?” I gave him dap as he sat down. “You wanna hit this?” I pointed at the blunt in the bowl.

“Naw, I'm good.”  he shrugged. “I came by because I wanted to talk to you, got a minute?”

I did a gesture. “Sure, pass me that ashtray.”

“How have you been feeling since, you know, Debbie's been gone?”

I laughed. “This ain't no Dr. Phil moment.”

“No like for real, all you been doing is partying.” he looked at me, like he was waiting for me to say something deep and emotional. “Maybe you should slow down. ”

“Maybe you should speed up,” I passed him the bottle.

Justin pulled his phone out of his pocket. “I gotta go,”

“I don't know why he sweating you anyway.” Twist commented as Justin walked out. “We all know you ain't gonna change,” he said jokingly.

“Yeah..you might be right.” I popped a bottle open and took a big gulp. “You're probably right, I am never going to change so what's the point of trying.”

*********

Crazy semester. This is all I could get out for this chapter but the next one get interesting.

Love ya and the deadline the contest is 9-25-14 and hopefully the winner's chapter will be up that following Tuesday. Alot of submissions already. I Love that people like my story. Its so encouraging!

-debbiepearl✌✌✌✌✔