Ch. 19 - Miss Me

< Chapter 19: Miss Me >

♥Debbie's P.O.V

I stared at my iPhone messages, waiting for the text I have been wanting to see for almost three weeks now. I scroll through the messages, giggling every time I see the word ‘Babygirl’ or ‘I'll never forget you’. After ten minutes of staring at my lifeless phone, I slipped into a peaceful sleep. Ashley took Julianna to her parent's house because I feel so stressed out since a certain ‘somebody’ won't return any of my calls or messages.

I sprung up as I felt someone tap me repeatedly. “Drake?!”

“No, Just Justin.”

When I sat up, I rubbed my face. “Oh, why are you here?”

“Well,” he cleared his throat. “Now don't flip, but I need you to be honest with me. When is the last time you have spoken to Drake?”

I stared at the wall and then into Justin's eyes. “Almost four weeks,” I tried to blink back the tear that were trying to form. “I have tried everything to get him to talk to me but nothing is working. Before I left and a short while I was here, he seemed fine with it. I don't know what happen.”

“Debbie, you should come back to Toronto with me.” he looked a little worried.

I stood up, covering my mouth. “Why? Did something happen to him?”

“Kinda but I think it's best to see it for yourself.” 

“Justin, I have a baby now, I can't just up and leave.” The more I try to fight my tears the more they come pouring from my eyes.

He looked at me and grabbed my hand. “I don't think you have a choice, now I call Ashley before I even got here, she'll watch Julianna while we're gone.”

The way he looked at me...It's almost as if I honestly don't have a choice. If something is really wrong with Aubrey it is my responsibility to go see about it. Even if he is trying to shut me out.

I ran to my bedroom, leaving Justin standing in the living room, and grabbed my purse off of my bed before I grabbed his hand and ran out the front door.

-------------

Justin came on his jet so it didn't take long before we were in Toronto. It was pretty late when we left, almost seven o'clock in the evening, now it's midnight. I was hesitant and scared as Justin drove to the house. How Justin was talking, I don't know what I'll see when I get there.

When we got there, a lot of unfamiliar cars were parked in the driveway.

“What the hell? What has he been doing?” I said in confusion.

Justin parked as close to the house as he could and I ran the rest of the way while he tailed behind. People were just coming and going through the front door but it was even worst in the house. There was people scattered everywhere, I could barely get through the crowded living room and the smell of alcohol and weed filled the air.

“Where's Drake?” I asked this random girl.

She looked at me, clearly on some kind of drugs. “Upstairs, away from you. ” she flipped her jacked up weave in my face.

I tried to grab it slam off her head but was rudely interrupted by Justin. “Remember why were here Debbie.”

I ran upstairs swiftly and knocked on our bedroom door.

“Who is it?” a deep male voice said.

“Steve, open this damn door!”

I heard whispering before the door actually opened. Drake on the side of the bed, he was wearing a button down dress shirt but it was open, and put a blunt he was holding in the ashtray. “Do you like your welcome home party?” he started to walk to me.