Ch. 34 - Fuckin' Problems

< Chapter 34: Fuckin' Problems >

$Drake's P.O.V$

I looked down then at the house number. Right now, I am sitting in front of this house that could be Debbie dad's house. While I was in North Carolina, I searched on the internet, made phone calls and asked around and it lead me here, in Sanford, Florida.

It looked old, rundown and abandoned but I got out the car anyway. When I got to the door I knocked once before it opened.

“What?” this older looking black man peeked out the door. “I don't wanna buy nothing,” he started to closed the door but I stopped him.

“No, it's regarding your daughter, Debbra,”

He looked at me up and down then opened the door. “How do you know that name? I ain't got no daughter,” he tried to close it again.

“Wait,” I pulled out a picture. “Are you Eddie Hollis? Isn't this your daughter?”

It was a picture when Debbie was around five.

He took it from me and stared at it. “Where is she?”

“In Canada sir, we're getting married and I think she would be happy to see you,”

He walked inside and gesture me to follow him. “She don't wanna see me, not how I'm living. If she's getting married to you, she must be doing great,”

I walked inside and pulled the door to. “Every girl needs her father,” I reflected on my own situation. “I'll be at the bar around the corner at two, if you don't show up, I'll understand. But if you do show up, I'll know your at least worried about her.” I walked out the door.

“Don't hold your breath, ” I heard him say.

Debbie'sP.O.V

I looked in my dresser once more before I decided to close up my last bag of luggage. “I think I'm done Lisa,” I started to pull it out the room. Since my wedding day is approaching rather quickly, I find it best for me to just stay in North Carolina. When's the date you ask? December 20... Not exactly Christmas but close to it. The wedding dress design that I picked out it so cute! They are going to start making it when I get there.

Lisa walked in with Julianna nestled on her shoulder while she came in with the baby stuff. I reached out for her as she gently placed her in my arms. “My little J-Bear is getting heavy,” I laughed.

“She's trying to hold her own bottle now,” Lisa nodded.

My mouth hung open. “Stop growing,” I kissed Julianna's head. “Did you finish packing your stuff?”

“Yeah, and my dress is in the bag, on the sofa downstairs.” she picked up my bag and finish zipping it up.

I stood up while still holding the baby. “Okay,” I sighed. “Aubrey wants me to pick up Tori and bring her to North Carolina as well,”

She looked at me as I stood up. “I'll go-”

“No, it's good, I'll be back in a few minutes,” I laid the baby across the bed before heading downstairs. “Be good JB,”

------

I put my purse on my shoulder as I got out the car. As soon as I got out the car, I saw someone come towards me. “Hey Debbie,”

“Antonio? What are you doing here?” I did a double take as he sipped pass me.

He turned around and stood close to me. “You didn't think you could get away from me that easy now, did you? I was your first...you can't get away from that.”