Ch. 33 - Lord Knows

< Chapter 33: Lord Knows >

$Drake's P.O.V$

I tossed my bags in the rental car and got inside. As of now, I am in North Carolina. I told Debbie I had a few things to do in Florida, needless to say, it was a lie but I am doing this for us. I want to find out more about Debbie's father and what better person to go to than her mom.

Since Miss Vann recently moved to Raleigh, it didn't take me much time to get there. When I pulled into the driveway, the only car that was there was a white Sable. I got out, took off my sunglasses and walked to the front door. As I was about the knock on the door, it opened quickly.

“Hey, what are you doing here? I was just on my way to bible study.” Miss Vann had her purse in hand.

“Oh, I didn't mean to impose, I just wanted to ask a few questions about Debbie,”

She looked at me sideways but opened the door wider. “Okay, for a few minutes,”

I walked in and sat on her burgundy couch after her. “This might sound a little crazy but why doesn't Debbie talk about her father?”

“Well, she is like most people I guess. She feels like he abandoned her. All of her other siblings father left when they were young but Debbie was the only one that was there. But I guess when he left, she took it real bad.” She looked of in the distance. “It was hard for her to trust again, to let someone see the real her, to the someone uproot her to another country.” she raised her eyebrow at me. “That why I was so surprised that she has gave you so many chances,”

I chuckled. “I asked myself the same thing.”

“Even though he was a shitty husband, he was a good father to her.” she sighed before standing. “Well, let me go, the Pastor doesn't like us being late,”

I smiled. “Okay, oh, one more thing, do I have your blessings to marry your daughter?”

“You had it the day I meet you,”

Debbie's P.O.V

“I want red and white roses everywhere and I want red ones in my bouquet.” I showed my wedding planner, Chloe, the layout I wanted. “And I was thinking since I'm going to have the wedding in North Carolina, I want it at Biltmore.”

She scanned it. “That sounds perfect! If you want, I can survey the location and check the price,”

“That would be awesome, thank you!” I hugged her.

“No problem,” she started to walk to the door. “I will call you when I find out the information,”

“Okay, bye,” I closed the door behind her.

I walked back to the couch and sighed. It just me and my thoughts again. Lisa is hanging out with Selena and Demi. Miss Sandi wanted to spend sometime with the Julianna so she picked her up and Drake is gone doing lord knows what. So it's just me, myself and I, along with a whole lot of wedding to plan.

Time to facetime the only person that gets me.

“DIVA!” Ashley yelled as her face appeared on the screen.

I smiled. “Hey, what you been doing?”

“Trying to find Mr. Right,”

I rolled my eyes playfully. “Besides that,”

“Working, what about you Miss-i-dont-know-who-I-want-to-be-with?”

“Shut up, I am with Drake again,”

She laughed. “Yea, I know I watch TMZ, I'm just waiting for him to do something else stupid,”

“Thats not gonna happen, we have a understanding,” I smirked.

Next thing I knew she held her phone out wider so I could see her dance like she was in church. “This is truly a breakthrough, I am so glad you two are getting couple counseling,”

“What? We're not getting counseling, we talk about our problems to each other,”

“You need to talk about it with a therapist,”

I gave her a look. “Anyway, I picked out the bridesmaids dresses. They are cute!”

“Oh, were doing this again?”

I laughed. “Call me back when you are on board,”

❇Selena's P.O.V❇

“How about this?” I held up this red lingerie outfit. We are at this place called Wild Things, at the Toronto Mall, trying to find gifts for Debbie's bachelorette party Tammy is planning in North Carolina.

Lisa looked around scared to touch anything. “I'll just get her a cute outfit or something,”

Demi came from behind a rack. “I agree, this is a little over the top and we have plenty of things already,”

“Fine,” I put it back on the self. “Let's go to Subway,” I pointed across the way.

As we walked across the mall, we were stopped by somebody wearing sunglasses and a cap.

“Selena,” the person looked down.

I tired to look past the glasses. “Justin? What are you doing here?”

“Is Debbie okay?” he continued to look down.

I stood against the side railing. “What? Yeah, I mean, she's been better. Why do you ask?”

“No reason, I was just worried about her,” he stood with his hands in his pockets afterwards. It reminded me like a sad puppy. You know, if puppies had pants...or pockets.

“You must have really loved her if you ask me about her, I'll let her know you asked about her,” I shrugged halfheartedly.

He started to walk away. “Alright,”

***********

M/M is Biltmore in Asheville at Christmas! I really want my wedding here...

Okay, i hate to be the bearer of bad news but....this is the last chapter of the year.
School is out for me as of Thursday but if I can, I would upload before the end of the year but I can't make no promises.

Anyway, there is still quite a few chapters in this book so no worries about that.

Don't forget me while I'm gone..☺✌...I'm dead serious.. Don't forget meeeeeeeee lol

Happy Holidays!

-debbiepearl