28

Lee Hana's P.O.V.

I closed my eyes as I see this monster, whom I might say that he's Jeongguk, aimed me the pointed edge of the wood he's been holding.

Gulping, the only thing that I did is to close my eye as I waited for him to take my life away.

The sound of flesh being stabbed are heard while blood had splattered upon my face— causing me to open my eye, the pointed edge was almost poking my chest, but it was left hanging midair that made me puzzled.

Traveling my gaze up the wrecked wood, I just realized that a person was standing in front as she faced me with her arms spread as if like she meant to protect me while the wood went through her upper abdomen. I blink to ensure if I'm not just seeing things or not, Did Chonmi really protected me?

"I'm sorry..." I heard her muttered before Jeongguk pulled the wood out of her harshly, making her gasp as before falling miserably on the floor, showering herself on her own pool of blood.

My eyes, or should I say eye since the bastard pluck my other eye off, widened as I knelt and put my trembling hands to shake her shoulder, "Eunbeim (Sunbaenim)?" I asked, but mentally cursed because I can't speak properly.

"Hmm, the scene looks familiar.. don't you think, Yoongi hyung?" Jeongguk said, making me look up and I saw him looking at the guy whom I assume as Yoongi— his brother.

Yoongi shook his head aggressively, "No, don't remind me of that!" He screamed, making me flinch at his sudden outburst, Jeongguk on the other hand chuckled, "Why? Are you guilty?"

Guilty for what?

When Yoongi didn't replied anymore, Jeongguk turned his attention to me once again with that insane grin, "Well, let's resume, shall we?" And before I knew it, he raised the wood once again before he aimed at me, but before he can even throw that thing at me, someone hooked an arm around his neck.

It was Yoongi. "Let go!" Jeongguk groaned as Yoongi continued to give him a headlock while me on the other hand, was left dumbfounded as I watched the two siblings fought each other.

"Hana!!!" A familiar voice came in the scene as I saw my best friend rushing over my side before I felt myself being enveloped by her hug. "Thank God, you're still alive!" She exclaimed with tears rolling down her cheeks, Wait, why didn't she have her left eye anymore?

I mentally slapped myself, Why am I even asking that when the answer's already obvious? "Hey, you two! Am I interrupting your mini reunion?!" Yoongi's voice caught our attentions as we saw him having a hard time to compete with Jeongguk, Well, having a missing foot is really a disadvantage.

With all the strength left in my body, I then lifted Chonmi from the ground as I swung her arm around my frail shoulders while Minsook supported her on her other side. It was surprising that even at this state, I still managed to got up and even support someone.

We distant ourselves from the two men who's fighting like a lion and tiger— I can clearly see that Jeongguk didn't look like he's tired at all, he actually looked like he's just playing while Yoongi on the other hand is already huffing.

"Yoongi oppa..." I heard Chonmi uttered with a weak voice as she watched. I gape while Minsook shriek when Jeongguk suddenly hold Yoongi's neck as he brought him up in the air, choking his own brother.

With a smirk playing on his lips, Jeongguk spoke up, "Aww, where's the badass Yoongi hyung that I know?" He mocked, but to my surprise— Yoongi even chuckled. "He's still here," And with that, Yoongi gave his younger brother a strong kick which send Jeongguk stumbling back as the he finally let go of Yoongi.

Taking the opportunity, Yoongi run towards our direction as he took Minsook's place as he supported Chonmi sunbae instead.

Moments later, the ground started to shake as some of the debris from the ceiling started to fall. "Let's get out of here!" Minsook shouted, but then a hand a cold hand held my ankle making me shriek.

Looking down, I saw Jeongguk kneeling weakly as he heaved deep breaths, "H-here, take this.." he muttered as he held something in his hands, A necklace? "That will lead you to where the exit is..." he added but Minsook suddenly came in the scene.

"How can we even trust you now?!" She shouted with angry eyes— Jeongguk smiled sadly, "I know that you'll said that..." he paused before looking down, suddenly I felt my heart was like being tied in a knot while looking at him at this state.

"I.. I want to say sorry, for all what I've done to you— I know what I did was unforgivable, but I hope you'll get out of here safely," he added and I'm sure that I heard his voice crack. "Now, go! You have to get out of here!" Jeongguk suddenly blurted out before standing up as he pushed us away.

"Wait, Gguk-ah!" Yoongi protested as he paused for a moment before he continued, "You have to come with us! Please, let's get out of this place all together!" He shouted, but Jeongguk just give him a sad smile before he shook his head.

"I can't leave this place, hyung... and you have a life waiting for you outside of this hell, while me? I'm just a mere vengeful spirit now," Jeongguk explained, "And say hello to mom for me," He added.

Yoongi seemed not having plans to move on his spot as he stared at his brother with insisting eyes, "Yoongi, we have to get out of here," Minsook spoke up, landing her hand on Yoongi's shoulder. Sighing, Yoongi nodded though it's visible in his eyes that he badly wanted for Jeongguk to come with us.

He then turned to the other direction as we started to run while supporting Chonmi on our arms.

While running, I turned my head to look over my shoulder— only to see Jeongguk's lonely figure standing there while the debris continue to fall around him. And what I saw isn't the monster who have tortured us back then, but just a plain teenage boy with tears running down his cheeks while reaching his arm as he watched us run away— run away from this place, run away from him.

Sadness crept over my chest as I saw him in that state, but before we can even ran away further, I clearly heard him said something that made my heart jump.

"I'm so sorry Hana, I hope you'll forgive me, I love you..."

——————

So, how was it? ( ; u ; )