CHAPTER 31

Lexi's p.o.v

I wake up. This time I'm not sick. Thank god!

I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I wash my face and do my everyday routine.

"I'm pregnant. Wow" I say breathing in and out as I look at myself in the mirror. I imagine myself with a big tummy. I don't know if any of this is going to work out. I don't even know if I want this baby.

I don't want to tell Shawn because, what if I don't want this baby, I could have an abortion and he would never know. But if I do want to be a mother, I need to tell him.

It's not even a want. It just feels like the right thing to do. To keep this baby. I can take pictures only of my face and never show my body right? No one will ever know. Oh right, my family. His family! They'll have to know.

I get out of my thoughts and walk out of the bathroom. I walk down the stairs to the kitchen to get breakfast. I eat French toast.

"Hey sis. How are you feeling?" Vale walks into the room from upstairs.

"Pretty good. I haven't thrown up this morning so that's good." She nods and makes herself some cereal.

We eat our food. She keeps checking her phone. Maybe it's Austin.

When we're done with our food, I go the the couch and watch Netflix. Vale waits by the elevator. Is she expecting something.

Instantly, the elevator door opens.

"Where is she?"

That voice. So familiar.

"On the couch"

I here footsteps coming closer to me. I stand up. He stops walking and looks at me. We just stare at each other. We used to be so close. But now it just feels like we're strangers.

Vale walks into the situation. She pats Shawn on the back then walks over to me and grabs my arm.

"Sit" she tells both of us and we do as told. What the hell is going on?!?

She's gripping onto my arm tight. What's gotten into her.

"Ow you're hurting me" I say wincing in pain. There are hand marks on me now.

Shawn can't keep his eyes off me. It's getting creepy. Why is he here? I don't understand anything that's happening.

"Shawn why are you here?" He stops staring. As if I got him out of his daze.

"Um Vale called me saying there was an emergency with you. I got here as soon as I could" he looks just as confused as me. We both turn to Vale and she lets out a nervous laugh.

"You two need to talk." She says while getting up leaving the room.

We don't talk. All you could hear is silence. Nothing. We just look at each other then back at our feet. I don't think he knows. Well I never called him so I don't know what Vale really told him.

"Um are you ok?" He asks catching me off guard.

"Um yeah. I guess"

Right after I speak, I hear footsteps coming back into the room.

"Ok so I was eavesdropping in the other room, y'all need to talk. Lexi just tell him!" Shawn stops looking at Vale and turns to me.

He is so confused. I don't want to be a mother. He can't be a father. What role model would I be if I become a teen mom? What role model would he be? We can't do this. I can't do this.

I break into tears. I can just feel my heart breaking.

Shawn's p.o.v

She's crying. I broke her. I hurt her.

She gets up and try's the leave the room, but Vale grabs her.

"You need to talk to him. It's the best thing to do right now." Vale says.

"No Vale. You didn't even tell me he was coming! It's just too much for me right now."

Vale lets go off her and she try's walking off back to her room. I have to do something.

"Lex just talk to me" I say/ yell

She stops walking, turns around, and starts walking towards me. Our bodies are inches apart. She doesn't touch me. It doesn't matter how close we used to be, it just feels like there's this invisible wall between us now.

"You. Come back when I'm ready. Tonight or never for all I care. I don't want to talk. I just want to go to my room and block all of this out." She walks back to her room. Vale comes up to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"She'll come around Shawn. Don't worry."

"This time, I'm not so sure"

With that, I walk to the elevator, get in, push the button to the lobby, then leave and go to my hotel.