CHAPTER 35

Lexi's p.o.v

"Ok what's this long story?" April asked as she arches her eyebrow. I walk past her and signal for her to sit on the couch. Vale, April and I all sit down. I'm feeling the way I felt when I told my mom. April is kind of like a mom to me. She was there for me more than my own mother was.

"I'm just going to say it. I'm pregnant and it's Shawn's. He came over 2 weeks ago to talk to me, but I chickened out and didn't tell him about the baby. Not telling him has been eating me alive so I called him and he sounded so annoyed. Before I could say the complete sentence, he hung up and blocked my number. His tweets are all about me. He's saying how he doesn't love me anymore and that he's not sorry. Since I couldn't get through to him, I thought calling his manager would be the next best thing. I got her on the phone and she basically said horrible things like if I don't leave Shawn alone, she's going to end our families careers and that if I really cared about Shawn and wished him a brighter future, I would not call back. He has no clue that I'm pregnant."

Her jaw is basically on the ground. She doesn't mutter a single word. She is so taken back by all of this and I don't blame her. She finally re-collects herself and starts talking.

"Wow. I can't imagine what you're going through but I'm here for you. So about the pregnancy, do you have a plan? You're too far along for an abortion. Are you considering adoption?"

"Oh definitely no. I'm keeping my baby. Even though it's father might not be in the picture."

"I got a great idea." She jumps up.

"Ok speak." She stands up and paces while she speaks of the idea.

"This is a bizarre plan but we might be able to pull it off. Lets hide the pregnancy from the media. Lets keep the baby a secret." April says

I'm out of words.

"Here's the deal. We'll get back to our normal modeling things and promoting the makeup line. When you start showing, we'll put you in big clothes like oversized shirts and sweat jackets. Whenever it becomes physically impossible to hide the baby bump, we'll tell the media that you have been diagnosed with a mental problem and that it's best that you focus on recovering and family. You will leave your career behind for a few months."

"That's actually a really good plan lex" Vale says as she grabs my hand.

"What about when the child is born?"

"You can take pictures and post them all you want, you just can't say that the baby is yours. Say the child is your cousins and you're taking care of it. Say your cousin thought it would be good for you to have a distraction. People will believe it, I mean your family is already crazy enough."

"I like it. And true. But what if Shawn sees the pictures? What if I have a boy or girl and it looks just like him? What will I do then?"

"He won't know for sure if it's his, so he can't make any assumptions."

"Ok. I'll go along with this" Vale and April both clap and are happy. I don't know how to feel. I'm happy that in 7 months I'll bring a baby into this world, it just won't have a father to hold him or her. But everything I do is for Shawn. I will put him before me as of right now. I care about his future. He deserves a great one.

April starts scheduling photoshoots and brand deals. She is basically glued to her phone. I'm still taking everything in. My future as a mother. My baby's future. I'm swept out of my thoughts as Vale sits next to me and taps my shoulder.

"I know you're going through a lot, but with everything going on, I haven't really gotten the chance to tell you this." She says as she looks me in the eyes. I just nod.

"I'm falling in love with Austin. I think he's the one. We got to know each other. On our first date. He looked me in the eyes and told me that he will marry me and I said the same. We're so alike. It's like when I'm with him, I can tell how he's feeling just by one look. Whenever we talk, we sometimes finish each others sentences."

"I love that Vale! I'm so happy for you!!!" I know what she's describing. She found her soulmate.

"I think he's the one." Shes smiling. I haven't seen that genuinely happy smile on Vale in so long. It's crazy how my sister ended up with a pop star. I'm sure she thought the same when I was with Shawn.

I smile. Hug her. Then go to my room. I get to my bathroom, take my clothes of and look at my body. I turn to the side and see my stomach is starting to get a little bigger. I grab my stomach and start talking.

"I know you're still growing, but I love you and I haven't even met you. I can't wait for you to be here so I can kiss your head and hold you. I will make sure that you will have an amazing life. I promise."

And with that, I turn on the water and get in the shower.

Once I'm done, I get dressed and walk downstairs to see my mom, April, and Vale on the couch.

"Hey honey. April told me everything. Lets give this a shot." I look down at my stomach and walk towards them.

"Can we plan an ultrasound?" I say as they all smile.