CHAPTER 38

Lexi's p.o.v

6 months later

Everything has been so crazy. April told the media about my so called "mental illness" 5 months ago. Everyone that didn't know I was pregnant was concerned, but 1 person that I really cared about never called. My dad. And that hurt me and my family really bad.

I'll be having my baby any day now. It's a girl! April, mom, and Vale went with me to find out the gender and everyone cried, including me.

The nursery is all set up, all that's missing is the baby. I know her name. I wanted it to be similar to Shawn's, it is so similar.

I'm sitting on the couch, eating a box of cupcakes while watching tv. All throughout this pregnancy, I have been craving sweet things.

I here Vale and Austin walk downstairs hand in hand. They both have the biggest smiles on there faces. They walk up to me and start talking.

"So Lex, we are going on a fancy date. We'll be back in about 2 hours." Austin grins.

"Ok, have fun!" I say as they start walking towards the elevator. I look at Austin's pocket and see an outline of a square shaped box. He asked me about 1 month ago on how I would feel about them getting married, obviously I was very supportive and loved the idea. You can just tell they are in love. I absolutely adore the way they look at each other.

2 hours later

Vale runs into the apartment squealing and jumping up and down. Austin is following and laughing.

"Lexi he proposed!!! I said yes!!!!"

"Yay!!! Congrats guys!" I hug both of them.

"I want to go to his place, but you're due any day now and I don't want you to be alone when your water breaks" I sigh and nod my head as she speaks.

"How about ya'll stay here." She nods her head and walks upstairs with him.

1 week later

I wake up. Get out of bed. And walk downstairs. Austin is sitting on the couch. Vale is making breakfast and mom is on her phone at the table.

I make my way to the counter and grab a glass to pour myself some orange juice. As I pick up the cup, I feel liquid dripping down my leg. I look down at the floor and see a puddle below me.

"Shit" I whisper, catching Vale's attention.

"What?" She says. Then mom and Austin look in my direction.

"My water just broke" instantly mom gets up from the table, Austin walks over from the couch, and Vale stops cutting up fruit.

"Should we go to the hospital now?" Austin says when I feel a cramp in my stomach.

"No. We got some time. I'll go take a quick shower, mom you pack the bags and Austin or Vale, call the driver and tell him to be here as soon as possible." Everyone nods.

I can't make it back up the stairs so I take a shower in mom's bathroom. Mom gives me new clothes clothes so I can get changed once I'm done then she goes back upstairs to pack the bags.

Once I'm done showering and getting dressed, I walk back to the living room, and see everyone ready with the bags. I look at Vale holding the light pink diaper bag and I realize that I'll be using that soon!

Once we get to the lobby, we rush to the car. We tell the driver to take us to the nearest hospital.

When we get there, I'm separated from my family and they take me to my room so they can get me all hooked up on wires to ease the contractions. They give me medicine that makes me sleep and then I'm out.

I wake up to see everyone around me. A doctor walks in followed by others. They talk about everything I will need to do like breathing and pushing whenever I give birth to my baby. I'm so nervous. I feel like I'm going to throw up, I'm so very scared.

"We need to get her in the delivery room now" the nurses starts pushing the bed out the door.

"Wait" I say then they stop the bed.

"I can't do this alone, Vale come back with me" I hold out my hand. She looks at mom and Austin then back at me. She grabs my hand then we start going to the delivery room.

The nurses set up everything and then it's time to push.

Vale holds my hand and helps me breathe.

"Almost there" the doctor says

I nearly scream when all of the sudden, I hear little cries. There she is. My baby is finally here.

I look up at Vale and she's crying.

The doctors hand me my baby before they take her back to get cleaned.

"Vale, meet Sophia. Your niece and god daughter."

Vale cries more and I cry too. The doctor grabs the baby, puts her in a soft towel, then leaves the room.

"Follow the baby. Meet mom and Austin at the nursery" I say. She nods then leaves the room.

The doctors get me situated to where I can lay down now. I look down at my stomach and see that my baby bump is gone. I can't wait to hold her in my arms again.

Vale's p.o.v

I follow the doctors to the nursery. They take another entrance. I have to go back around to the other side of the glass window to meet mom and Austin.

I finally see them.

"Hey guys" I say with tears. They smile.

"Which one is Lexi's" mom says looking into the glass. I point towards Sophia and they both smile.

"She is beautiful." Austin says.

The nurses take Sophia to a new bin that is closer to the window so we can see her better. I take out my phone and take a couple pictures. I go to Snapchat and take a picture of her and caption it "beautiful cousin" since the media needs to think that the baby isn't Lexi's.

Since Lex gave me her phone, I go onto Snapchat and take a picture of Sophia and use some heart emojis.

"She is so beautiful! What's her name?" Austin says turning towards me.

"Sophia" mom and Austin both smile.