CHAPTER 12

Lexi's p.o.v

I woke up determined to find a distraction. I need it. I look at my phone and see that Shawn has called 15 times and texted. I'm not going to look at what he said. I just can't.

I go downstairs to make breakfast. Vale is already down there making eggs and bacon. When did she learn to cook?

"When did you learn to cook?"

"James taught me"

"Ok well thank you"

"You're welcome."

Food is finally done and I make a plate. I go to the table and start eating. Damn Vale can cook! When I'm done, I put my plate in the dishwasher and Vale does the same.

We decide to go sit on the couch and watch Netflix. I need to talk to her.

"I need a distraction!"

"Ok from Shawn?"

"Yes who else!"

"Ok what kind of distraction?"

"Not a guy if that's what you're thinking. Just something to distract me. What was your distraction when you and James broke up?"

"Honestly, my distraction was modeling."

"I can't do modeling again sis."

"Ok I mean this in the best possible way, but you need to get your head out of your ass! There are other things you could do besides modeling."

"Uh ok, like what?"

"Well you could make a clothing line like Bethany Mota. You remember her clothing line with Aeropostale back in 2014? You could hire models or you could model your own clothing. Or you could start a cosmetic line! I would love to see my sisters name on my makeup!"

"I love the cosmetic line idea"

"Well there you go. Call mom and your agent and lets get the ball rolling!!!"

"Ok!"

I pull out my phone and call my mom then agent April. I talk to my mom for 30 minutes on the cosmetic line idea and she loves it! She can't wait to set something up. We are financially stable to create one. Next I call agent April. She says that my mom can cover the financial things,which my mom figured, and that I would need to be in New York by tonight to set a meeting which I told her I was fine with.

"Ok Vale, agent April said that I need to be in New York by tonight to make the meeting. She'll meet me at mom's suite around 6:00 p.m. The cosmetic line is going to happen!"

"Yay!!! I'm coming with you. As much as I've loved this normal life, I think I'm ready to be a model again. I miss getting glammed up and looking stunning."

"Ok well it's settled! Lets get packing!"

We pack for 2 hours, call the pilot of our private jet, call local photographers to take pictures of us when we get off the plane so the people know that I'm back.

Finally we leave around 3:30 and go to our private jet. Vale talks to me and tells me how everything will be ok and that I need to prepare myself for all the cameras.

Finally the jet lands and I see all the paparazzi running to us. When the door opens and the stairs come out, I put on my shades and say...

"I'm back bitches"

Vale just laughs. Here we go. Back to my old but improved life. I'm now so excited for the future! The paparazzi are now asking us questions like...
"Did you really go to the Bahamas" "are you and Shawn Mendes dating?" I just keep my mouth shut.

We make it to the car. Finally. The car ride was pretty long but okay. I needed to talk about my plans with Vale. She kept asking if I was ok. I'm obviously fine. I'm still getting over him.

We arrive at our mother's suite and go to our rooms to get unpacked. I missed seeing my mom, but I can't deny how much of a bitch she has been. I know she is stressed but I guess now she's not since she has her 2 girls with her. As I'm getting unpacked, she comes into my room.

"Hey Lexi. I'm happy to finally see you. It's been too long. I just want to apologize to how mean and rude I've been to you. I've just been so caught up in work. I'm so stressed, but I'm happy to have you back and know that you are about to start a project that I know you're going to love. I'm proud."

"It's okay mom. I understand. I haven't been the best daughter recently but that's going to change. I will be committed to the cosmetic line. I have so many ideas and I just can't wait to share them. Will you be at the meeting?"

"Yes I will. So will Vale. We'll be there to support you." She said. I'm so happy! I can't believe how fast this is happening. It's just what I needed.

Once I'm unpacked, it's time for us to leave for the conference. Obviously Vale and I got ready on the jet so we could save time.

We drive into the city and meet agent April at the meeting and a few makeup brands that want to sponsor the makeup line. I decided to choose Benefit! They told me they will start on it immediately and that I will have to help design the palettes. Which we completed, they already had ideas. The name of my cosmetic line is "prolexx by benefit" this is all like a dream come true!

The line will come out later this month. I have designed 3 palettes so far. A warm toned palette, a blush and rose gold palette, and an exotic palette full of very pigmented and gorgeous colors. I will come out with face makeup, brushes, lip products, and mascara in the future.

Agent April will keep me updated with everything. I also I have to get back into social media, which I figured. As for Vale, she has scheduled casting calls for the next 2 weeks which means she will be in New York while I'll go back to Nashville in 3 days.

I'm finally happy.