CHAPTER 8: YUGYEOM'S POV - LUNCH WITH JUNGKOOK

I was having lunch with my close friend, Jungkook. We were supposed to meet up yesterday instead but he was busy for some reason, even though it was one of his only days off before MAMA, which we were all rehearsing for.
"Yugyeom, guess what I was doing yesterday that was more important than having lunch with you?" He said cheekily.
"What could be better than having lunch with me? I can't think of anything!" I joked and I pretended to flick my hair.
"I had to pick someone up from the airport."
"Ok? Who was it?" I said as I stuffed my burger into my mouth.
"Y/N."
I spat it out instantly.
"Wh-what? W-wait is this just a joke to see how I react?"
"Nope, I even got her number. Wait a sec." He pulled out his phone and showed me his contacts. He really did have Y/N's number saved.
"The hell is she doing in Korea? And more importantly, why the HELL are you the one that picked her up from the airport?!?!?!" I asked. I couldn't believe it. That embarrassing interview I did a few months ago has come back to haunt me, I just hoped that she hadn't seen it.

"Well she's friends with one of my good friends so he asked for a favour, and I couldn't refuse him, not that I wanted to anyway." He smiled.
"Okay but you didn't mention me to her did you?"
"Of course I did." Why am I not surprised.
"She hasn't seen the interview I did has she?" I nervously asked.
"Doubt it, she seemed to not know about it, it was cute though she was so embarrassed when I told her we've seen her interview, I kind of felt bad...Although I was gonna tell her you said the same in an interview but she made me stop when I mentioned you. She probably thought you were weirded out by her."

"Aw she doesn't have to worry about that. I'm the biggest weirdo there is, I wouldn't care."

I started to think about what she must have been like to meet. We spoke about her for a while as Jungkook told me how sweet and funny she was. And how pretty she was. I really did want to meet her. Just to be friends at least.

"Do you like her, Yugyeom?" Jungkook asked.
"Well...I don't know her, really, do I? So how can I? Maybe if we met and I could get to know her, I could end up liking her, right?" I had the chance to meet her while she was here, I didn't want to let that pass me by.

"Wow, that's just what she said." Jungkook mumbled.
"What did you say?" I asked.
"Ohhh nothing don't worry!"
It must've been nothing.

"I feel bad Yuggy. I'd love for you guys to meet but she said she's really busy while here so she might not be able to meet. And we're busy too until MAMA so would you even have time?" My heart dropped at the realisation. He was right, we were really busy until MAMA, and we both didn't even know how long she was staying for.
"Yeah...you're right." I said as I sighed and bit into my burger, which I still hadn't finished as we'd been talking about Y/N for so long.

I was left kind of sad, knowing that Y/N was so close to me yet I wouldn't be able to meet, to try and see how things would be between us. I just hoped she felt the same about not being able to meet me...

A/N

Hey guys, this was a short chapter but I WILL be posting another - big - one tonight!!! Thanks again for the reads :)