CHAPTER 22: Are you..dating?

Yugyeom's POV

I woke up at 7 in the dorms, and I just couldn't shake the feeling of happiness. I was thinking of yesterday of course, and how me and Y/N were able to make up.

I came out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth to a proud looking BamBam, crossing his arms while leaning on a wall.
"What?" I said while drying my face with a towel, dressed only in my underwear.

"You know what. Tell me, how was last night?" He asked.
"We made up, thankfully. Well I guess we kinda had to because we were together. But...I'm glad." I smiled.
"Good." BamBam smiled back as we did our secret handshake.

Just then Jackson walked towards us, on his way to the bathroom. He paused as he saw me. There was an awkward air around us.

"Morning Jackson." Said BamBam.
"...Hey. Bathroom free?" He asked while looking at BamBam, not having made eye contact with me yet.
"Yeah it is, I just got out." He nodded, finally acknowledging me and walked in, closing the door behind him. I didn't want it to be like this between us.

I was convinced that I wasn't interested in Y/N in that way anymore anyway, so I wanted to get that across to him.
"Don't worry about it Yug. He shouldn't be mad anyway, he had his chance, now it's your move." BamBam winked and left to get ready.

My move?

~

I got to the JYP building and the receptionist instantly told me that JYP himself wanted to see me, not GOT7, just me?

I walked to his office and knocked on the door.
"Sir, it's Yugyeom."
"Come in, Yugyeom." I heard him say on the other side. I twisted the door knob and went inside. To my surprise, standing there while JYP sat at his desk was Y/N.

She turned and smiled at me worriedly as I slowly approached them.

"You're probably wondering why I called you here Yugyeom, Y/N." He said. I could feel the cold atmosphere, which made me not want to reply. He looked at us both and then opened one of his drawers and threw a newspaper on the desk.
"Look at it, both of you." He said. We both looked at each other and hesitated. She saw how nervous I was so she brought it closer to us.

"Fuck." She whispered so only I could hear. I peered at it.
"Oh no." I sighed, nervously.

On the front of the newspaper was a series of photos of me and Y/N together on separate occasions. It looked like we we're together.

"Are either of you going to tell me what is going on or not?" JYP asked.
"We've just been out together a few times, there's nothing going on between us." I replied.

"That's not what it looks like though, Yugyeom. It doesn't matter right now what the truth is, what matters is that people don't care, they'll believe anything that they see." He was right.

"Why couldn't you be more careful and think about not just what this could do to you, but also to Y/N? She's new to this industry so she'll have it rougher than you. By the look of it you didn't even seem to care enough to put on a mouth-mask."

I was shocked at the sudden interrogation so I didn't reply for a few seconds. I looked down and from the corner of my eye I could see Y/N's legs shaking anxiously. I swallowed my fear, looked up and replied,
"I'm sorry sir, I don't know why it didn't even cross my mind that I needed to cover up and tell Y/N to do the same. It's all on me." I said and bowed my head.

"Yugyeom..." Y/N said, wholeheartedly.
I turned to look at her. She was holding back tears and looking at me with sincerity. It hurt to see her like that.