CHAPTER 36: Selfish

This chapter is written in a second and third person narrative.

Enjoy!

"Who has a crush on who?"

Yugyeom instantly let go of your hand.

"Ch-chaerin!" You yelled out of embarrassment.

"What? You both said you were each other's crush in front of millions of people, so how wouldn't I know?" She replied, referring to your interviews where you both mentioned each other.

"Yeah, but somehow we instantly became friends instead of having a relationship, because Y/N said I was too IMMATURE!" Yugyeom exclaimed jokingly.

You covered your face in embarrassment.

"I said it in passing! I didn't even mean it in a bad way, I was just scaring myself out of trying to pursue anything with him." You explained to Chaerin, drunkenly and forgetting the fact that Yugyeom was sat right next to you.

"Hmmm, why were you scared?" Chaerin asked cunningly as she drove.

Chaerin knew exactly what she was doing. She had gotten you and Yugyeom exceptionally drunk, and therefore prone to revealing things and acting in ways you wouldn't if you were sober. She wasn't doing it to exploit you both, just for her own entertainment, which was, maybe, even worse.

"Ughhh, who wouldn't be!? Yugyeom is so attractive and amazing, it was kind of intimidating, so I just pushed away whatever feelings were there and chose to stay friends instead.

And then Jackson came along, and he confused my feelings again because, well, I knew him before but things went kinda wrong really fast." You kept blabbering on, not knowing that if you were sober, you'd regret saying any of this.

"Do you have feelings for me?" Yugyeom asked, after quietly listening all that time.

"Shut up, Yugyeom. I'm asking the questions here.

Do you have feelings for Yugyeom?" Chaerin also asked.

You gulped as you thought of how to reply.

"No! I mean, I could've. I still think he's attractive."

"Yeah no shit, he's hot." Chaerin replied.

Yugyeom seemed unphased with your answer, perhaps because of his lack of sobriety and therefore lack of understanding of the situation.

"Y/N's crazy attractive too. It's hard having a friend you're attracted to, that's all I'm saying." Yugyeom smiled cheekily as you playfully whacked him for the comment.

"So, you both find each other attractive,  and did have the potential for a relationship, but now wanna stay friends?" Chaerin asked.

"Yes!" You replied.

"Speak for yourself!" Yugyeom said as he stuck his tongue out at you.

You faked a frown as you continued spilling your life story in front of the cunning Chaerin.

"Oh yeah! You don't find me attractive. I asked you if you wanted to try a friends with benefits kind of thing and you said no to me! That was so embarrassing I wanted to curl up in the nearest bin and rot to death."

After a moment of silence, Yugyeom burst into a fit of laughter, and so did Chaerin,

"Y/N, you're the funniest drunk I have ever met."

"But I'm serious! It did happen! Today!" You kept rambling on.

"Ok! I'll prove I find you attractive, LETS DO IT!" Yugyeom declared.