CHAPTER 34: Where Did We Go Wrong?

Yugyeom's POV

"I.......I....-"

"I can't." I replied, looking down at my plate.

Fuck. Did I pause for too long?

Could she tell I was hesitating for an answer???

"I thought so.

I knew it was crazy, I don't know why I asked. I'm so sorry." She laughed as she ran her fingers through her hair.

Wow. She never fails to amaze me, I thought to myself.

"Don't apologise, I'm actually glad you brought it up and, I guess we cleared the elephant in the room." I smiled at her reassuringly.

No matter how bad I wanted to...I just couldn't.

I just couldn't hurt Jackson like that. Not again...

I'm glad she didn't ask for an explanation because I wouldn't have been able to give her one....

I mean, one side of me really wanted to say sure, let's try it, but the other side of me, it knew that I couldn't do that,

I couldn't do that to her, myself, or one of my closest friends.

"You haven't taken a single bite of your cake. You've been yabbering this whole time." I exclaimed, changing the conversation.

"You're right, I should probably shut up now...I've said too much." She began stuffing her mouth with cake.

So cute.

Without realising it, I was staring at her, adorably and awkwardly eating her troubles away.

I didn't want to act too distant with her today, I had already decided. She seemed to be acting very strange and awkward, especially after the weird night she had.

She needed a friend, and Jackson wasn't here to make me feel guilty for caring about her.

"Oi, I didn't mean that I wanted you to shut up. I just don't want you to starve." I playfully flicked her arm across the table.

...Sorry, Jackson.

She looked surprised at my action.

After a second of shock at me showing any expression towards her, she said "What, so you want me to talk while my mouth's full?" She continued chewing on her food and shook her head.

"Why are you shaking your head at me?" I laughed, sitting back in my chair and crossing my arms.

"Cus you confuse me."

"Why do I confuse you?" I side smiled.

"I just don't know what you're thinking, and you're acting normal with me again like you were never ignoring me in the first place." She said while trying her best to hide the fact she wasn't really mad at all, she seemed more upset.