CHAPTER 17: Here to stay

"..............................hweh?"

"Pfffft." GD stifled a laugh at my reply.

"I understand it's not an easy question to answer on the spot, but me and JYP would help you promote and make music here fully. We were actually fighting for you until we decided to do a joint contract, haha!" YG was being overwhelmingly nice with these compliments, it was obviously hard to take in, but I already knew my answer.

"Sir, Korean pop music has influenced my own sound and music a lot...so I'd be honoured to make music here, I'll sign and let my manager know!" I smiled.
"I knew you'd be on board Y/N, welcome to YG family." GD kindly said as I signed the papers (not without reading the terms of course...)

"Perfect, I'll call JYP now and we'll sort everything out, from accommodation to work schedule.

Y/F/L, I look forward to working with you." CEO Yang said as he put out his hand for a handshake.

"As do I." I shook his hand and bowed.

A new chapter of my life was beginning!

Yugyeom's POV

(5 Days later, back in Korea)

It had been almost a week since MAMA. A week since I met Y/N. We hadn't messaged each other since, as we were both busy, but today I had some free time and was meeting up with Jungkook at our favourite hidden cafe.

"So, do you guys know when your next comeback is?" Jungkook asked.
"Huh? No, no we're just doing whatever right now." I was distracted by my thoughts.

I was free now. Should I message Y/N? Would that be irritating? She said we were friends so she wouldn't mind, would she? But what would I say?

"YUGYEOM!" Jungkook brought me back to reality.
"O--oh, sorry man, didn't mean to daze off like that."
"Are you really that into Y/N?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
"N-no, it's not that...I just...wanna at least talk to her."
"Oh okay that's fine then, just don't get yourself hurt thinking about her all the time. You only met her once." He said bluntly.
"W-why'd you say it like that?" I said, shuffling in my seat to sit up straight.
"Look, I didn't mean it in a mean way, it's just, you only met her once but I'm afraid you've fallen hard, and Y/N....might not feel the same so I'm worried you'll get hurt."

"It's not like I'm obsessed? Why are you saying these things anyway, I haven't even mentioned her since we saw her.
Did you hear something? Did Y/N say something to you?" I put both palms on the table and moved my face closer to his, asking question after question.

He couldn't take it anymore and said, "W-wait. Just don't get mad ok?"
"Why would I get mad?" I giggled.
"Ugh I'll just tell you, take it however you want.
I've got a friend called Jihyun, he's best friends with Y/N and HE told ME that SHE told HIM that she's not interested in you because you're like a kid and she's not into that."

..........She said what now? My smile disappeared. I wouldn't say I was mad but, it was kind of irritating that she'd say that. I was staring into thin air.
"Earth to Yugyeom, you okay? I told you not to be mad?" Jungkook said and he patted my shoulder.
"I'm....not mad." I said, sitting back on my chair.
"I'm just, embarrassed, I guess." I frowned.
"Yeah, I guess it wasn't cool for her to say that but,"
"Guess it won't be a problem for her anyway, seeing as I'll probably never see her again."
"Wow Yuggie, you can't see it right now but you're acting like you're really mad." Jungkook said, sounding shocked as my hands combed through my hair as I frowned.

I was falling for Y/N, even though I'd only just met her. I thought it was love at first sight. Now, now I'm too embarrassed to see her again, knowing that she thinks of me as a child, even though I'm a year older than her.

But thankfully, I thought I wouldn't be seeing her again. She had her flight back to the US the day after the Awards show, and has been off social media ever since. I didn't have a clue what she was up to, I was just sure that she was far away from me. The other side of the same world.
I had nothing to worry about...

A/N

Next chapter: WYD at JYP???