Game Day//Matthew Espinosa

ALSO THANK YOU SO GOD DAMN MUCH FOR 3K READS IM CARTWHEELING

Aaliyahs P.O.V

I wiped the white face paint under my eyes in two lines,then fixed the white bandana that was tied around my hair. I stood back and looked at my outfit. All white for white out.

Tonight was Matt my boyfriends football game championships and so they were having a whiteout while the other team was having a blackout. I wore a white v-neck with the sleeves tied up. and white high waisted jeans, and you cant forget the white socks and white vans. I walked down the stairs and heard a knock on the door- must be Serena who was coming with me. I opened the door to face a girl wearing all white but instead of jeans and a bandana, it was white shorts and the same color headband.

"Hey dude whats up?" I said stepping outside.

"Not much, ready to go?" I replied

She just nodded and we started walking towards the school making small talk considering the school was around the corner.

Walking down the sidewalk, you could see the bright stadium lights surrounding the field. Since they were on the game was starting.

"They're starting lets go!" I grabbed Serenas arms and starting spriting towards the lights.

Out of breath but finally in front of the field we started up towards the metal benches and found the perfect spot that had a great view of the field. I searched the field for Matts jersey and number and saw him in the corner talking to the coach.

"GO MATT!" I screamed.
He turned and gave me a small wave. He looked so nervous.

"Is it just me or did Matt look like he just saw a ghost or something?" Serena turned to me and said.

"I-I really don't know, should I go down there?" I asked

"Yeah go check on him."

I nodded and headed for the stairs down to the fence that surrounded the field. Looking around to see where he walked off too-my eyes met the back of his jersey and he was sitting on the bench.

"Matt!" I said as I slipped my fingers through the hole grasping the fence.

"Aaliyah, you came!" His face got happy then dropped. "Which makes me even more nervous."

Ohh. That's what it was he was nervous.

"Why are you nervous babe?"

He walked over to the fence and mimicked my pose by slipping his fingers through the fence a bit higher than my hands were.

"Its the championships! everyones expecting me to be some God or something and win this. If we win thats great, but if we loose I honestly feel like I'm going to take the blame." He said the last part quietly.

I stood there in silence for a moment as I thought of what too say.

I watched him run a hand through his hair and bury his face in his hands rubbing his eyes.

"Matt you got to calm down. You're an amazing player. Don't picture this as a big game. Picture it as you having fun doing what you love doing."

He smiled at me and put his hands back on the fence.

"Thank you for being the only supportive person in my life. Now give me a good luck kiss."

"Nah I'm good" I smirked.

He pouted and I gave in. I leaned into a hole between the fence and stood on my tip toes to reach him because I'm literally a midget.

I felt his lips crash onto mine and I just wish I could hug him but the stupid fence ruins everything. I smiled and quickly pulled away.

"If I win you owe me a longer kiss." He called out as he was running away.

"Even if you loose I'd give you one dummy." I said walking back up to the stands.

IDK IF I LIKE THIS OK BYE!!!!