Camping//Shawn Mendes

A/N AHHH HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD.
I REMEMBER HITTING 100 READS LIKE TWO WEEKS AGO WHAT THE HELL IM SO FRICKING HAPPY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE READS AND VOTES AND EVERYTHING IM SO HAPPY THANK YOU THANK YOU.
IN ADDITION TO THIS I ALSO GOT A HAYES AND AARON FOLLOW TODAY SO TODAYS BEEN PRETTY GREAT
LOVE YOU ALL SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE ALL WEEKEND!!!!!!!
This ones kind of long I hope you guys don't mind haha. Mini fan fics (:

Maya's P.O.V

Zippng up my bags and mentally preparing myself for this trip was so incredibly hard. I didn't know what to expect. 
Okay story time!!
Every summer my family and I go on a summer camping trip for a week. Just me my mom dad and brother.
But this year was different.

We had a family move in next door around last year- the Mendes'. My family instantly became friends with them and this year they were invited. It may not seem like a big deal but when their son is an extremley attractive male. You get kind of nervous.

Shawn was this talented,sweet,amazing,just dreamy guy.
And I was a girl from a small town who isn't talented and is super insecure.yay.

---------------------------------------
We were all packed into my moms 7 seater car. Shawns sister stayed back with his aunt so it was My mom,my dad,me,my brother Jake, Shawn, and his mom and dad. The camp grounds we stayed at were about 4 hours away so four hours of my mom forcing us too sing 80's songs and play "ISpy."

We were cruising down the highway playing ISpy when my dad finally broke the game too say something.

"Okay so tent situations. Shawn,Maya, and Jake are sharing the biggest tent. And then the Mendes parents get their own as do we. Settled?"

We all nodded in agreement and I slunk in my chair. I'd rather sleep out in the river than share a tent risking doing something completley embarrasing. 

"You alright Maya?" Shawn spoke seeming concerned.

"Oh um, yeah yeah."
He nodded and started talking to my younger brother. I put my earbuds in and blasted Chris Brown hoping to drown out the world.
-------------------------------------------
Four hours and 7 sweaty people later, we arrived at the campsite.

"Just how I remembered it." I smiled looking over at the crystal clear lake.  I breathed in the fresh air feeling the cleanliness of it overwhelm my lungs.

"Woah this looks sick!" Shawn exclaimed. He hopped out of the car like we were at DisneyLand and walked around.

"Okay kids lets set up camp. Here's you guys go." He said tossing me a big green bag which held the tent parts inside.

I set it down and rolled my neck.

"Lets get started." I smiled at Shawn opening the bag.
__________

"No, no Shawn! Haha oh my god you're supposed to put the pole through loop A not loop C."

"These directions are bullshit." he threw down the poles

I walked over and picked them up.

"Look dummy you just do this." I stuck the poles through the right loops and crossed my arms. Taking a few steps back too get a full view of the tent I smiled at my work.

"Nice job babe." Shawn smiled admiring the tent , not even glancing at me.

My cheeks burned and I got a lump in my throat.

Babe.

"Oh um yeah, thanks."

I saw Jake come out from the forest behind the clearing.

"Oh hey nice job on the tent Maya. Can we please go swimming now?" Jacob whined

I nodded. I walked to my bag and pulled out my swimsuit then jogged over to my parents tent to change.

I pulled up my bikini bottoms and grabbed my sunglasses.
I stepped out of the tent and saw Shawn spraying Jake with sunscreen.

"Ready?" I asked.

Shawn glanced at me up and down and smirked. I bit my cheek on the inside to keep from blushing or smirking.

My swimsuit was just a black bandeau top with black fringe hanging down and black bikini bottoms that fit me really well.
I headed towards the trail and Shawn and Jake trailing kind of far behind. I lightened my steps to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Yeah dude. I don't know she doesn't seem too interested." I could faintly hear Shawn say.

"Make a move dumb ass. Never know until you try." Jake replied.

Were they talking about me?
No, no. Shawn would never like me.

I didn't realize how long we were walking until I felt my feet hit the rocky sand.

"LAST ONE IN IS A ROTTEN EGG." Jake yelled running towards the lake, shoving me on his way over there.

"YOU'RE GONNA GET IT JAKE!" I yelled following him close behind on the small boardwalk that dropped into the lake.

I dove in and behind me followed a larger splash which I assumed was Shawn.

I turned around and no one was there.
Not Jake or Shawn.

"He-Hello?" I called out. My feet were getting tired from kicking, trying to keep me above water.

I felt two cold hands grab my waist from behind me.

"HOLY SHI-"

"Shh calm down its just me."  Shawn spoke.
I let out a sigh of relief.

"You scared the hell out of me don't do that."

"Haha sorry babe." He said resting his head on my shoulder, him still behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist holding me up.

He was tall enough to stand so we stayed like that for a while, just watching the sun set. I didn't want too move or say anything because I liked this. It made me think for a split second maybe he liked me too.
But I didn't want him to think that I liked him, incase he didn't like me back. So I slipped out from his arms and went underwater. I held my breath for as long as possible and swam up and splashed Shawn from behind.

"You're gonna get it Johnson." He spoke.

"Oh no my last name! What are you gonna do Mendes?" I replied sarcastically.

"This."  He said sending a big splash towards me.

We swam around splashing each other until I hit the water really hard towards Shawn.

"Ah shit my eye." Shawn said putting his hand over his eye.

"Oh god are you okay?!" I said swimming towards him. "Move your hand." I said pulling his arm away. I slightly giggled at his lazy eye but it looked fine, even though it was dark out it didn't look irritated.
"Shawn it looks fine." I laughed at him being over dramatic.

"I know."
"Then why did you as-." I was cut off by being pushed underwater with him on top of me. I felt him cup my cheeks and press his lips to mine. I smiled and it only lasted a few seconds before I ran out of breath swimming up to the surface. Shawn followed behind and he pulled me towards him again. He gave me a quick kiss and rested his forehead on mine.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."  Shawn said.

HAHA WOW FEELS FROM MY OWN WRITING HAAAAAAAAAA BYE.