The Attack: Pt.2

✖️✖️✖️✖️

"His vitals are dropping!" Chase spoke up as I quickly move over to his side where Douglas was laying on the table. The heart rate monitor showed Douglas's pulse dropping. The unconscious spiky haired man began to seize then as Chase and I try to hold him steady.

Tears threatened to come to my eyes as I force them back; Douglas finally stopped seizing but still wasn't getting any better. "That's it. I have to do this." I murmur, my hands starting to glow reddish-orange.

Chase grabbed my arm to stop me. "The last time you healed someone like this, you almost didn't make it. It drained you completely of your energy and power." He told me, his hand still on my arm.

"I don't care. If I lose my powers, so be it. They're not worth having if I lose the only family that I have. I'd give up all of my powers if it could save my family's lives." I reply and pulled my arm out of his hand. I take a deep breath and move one hand over my own chest and the other over Douglas's chest.

Gold energy drained from my body and transferred to Douglas's, he let out a sharp gasp but remained unconscious; I squeezed my eyes shut, continuing to transfer some of my energy to his. Electricity circled around my arms and moved down to my hands and fingers while the room trembled or vibrated. A blinding light flashed throughout the room as I fall back and collapse onto the floor, breathless. Douglas shot up with a sharp inhale and exhale, looking over at me with furrowed eyebrows.

Chase had knelt by my side, one hand on my shoulder and the other intertwined with my hand. "Are you okay?" He asked me softly, helping me back onto my feet. I slowly nod, both of us turning our attention to Douglas. "You okay, Douglas?"

Douglas looked around the room and back at us in confusion. "Where am I and who are you and who am I?" He questioned, settling his gaze on me, his eyebrows still furrowed.

"No." I start, looking at Chase and back at Douglas who apparently doesn't remember anything or anyone, including me. "You don't- You don't remember anything?" Douglas shook his head. "At all?" He shook his head again. I move from Chase's embrace and walk away, a tear falling down my face.

I move my hand over my face and breathe in a shaky breath and look up at the ceiling. A hand touched my arm and made me face them as I look at who it was. Chase. He moved his arms around me as I bury my face in his chest. "I can't lose him, Chase..." I whisper.

"I know. He's healed, and he will get his memory back. Don't give up, keep your faith, Des." Chase replied as I look at him and nod a little. We head back over to Douglas and begin to try and jog his memory to find a way to fix him.

After twenty minutes had passed, I slam my hands down on the cyberdesk in frustration, making Chase and no memory-Douglas look over at me. I look over at Douglas and sigh, moving over to him to where I was now standing in front of him. "You have to remember who you are, remember us. I need you- I need you to remember. Other than your brother, you're the one who has been there for me basically my entire life. Okay? You are the closest thing I have to family." My eyes were watery as I search his for any sign of remembrance.

Something clicked in his mind as Douglas's facial expression softened but his eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at me. "D?" He answered. I laugh, tears in my eyes. I hug him as he hugged me tightly. "I remember, it's okay, and I'm not going anywhere, D." Douglas smiled as we pull back from the hug.