Chapter 15

Death's POV

I didn't bother to talk to them about their secrets, and they did the same. It's not in my vocabulary to force someone to share what they are hiding.

My school hours have ended, and it's time to go home. I immediately left the room the moment the bell rang. I walked straight to the garage and went to my car. As the engine starts, I drive fast home.

I arrived safely at the mansion.

"Good afternoon, Young Lady." my butler said. I just nod at him.

Haven't I told you that this mansion has 25 floors? Yes, it is way bigger than any of the malls in the Philippines. I don't actually know what's on my parents minds when building this mansion.

Maybe they're planning to have more children in the future, not just me. It's sad to say they weren't able to witness how I grew up and what I have become because those bastards took it away.

I'm facing my laptop right now. I heard a lot of news about that place. The log-in window pops up. I entered my username and password.

"The Ace of Spades is nowhere to be found" - anonymous

"Hahaha baka naman natakot na" - comment 1

"So pathetic, Ace na naturingan" - comment 2

"Mabuti pa si King, lagi nating nakikita ang galing pa makipaglaban" - comment 3

"Yeah. Unlike Ace, who's always wearing a mask."- comment 4

"Baka naman kasi panget kaya ganun hahaha" - comment 5

"Shut your mouth. The ace might be somewhere inside. You don't want to be dead, do you?"- comment 6

"Tsk. The ace must have some reason."- comment 7

Stupid people. I may not be surprised if one day they're found dead already.

Hmm ace. Let's just say that in cards, the ace counts as the highest and most valuable, outranking even the king. The King? Well, he's the ace right hand. How did I know? I'm Death, and I know better.

Instead of reading hateful comments about the ace, I changed my clothes into black fitted leather jeans, white sleeves, and black boots where I could hide my CRKT shrill fixed blade knife. This CRKT might be the most aggressive in its styling, marked by a needle-tipped dagger-style full-tang blade. This knife has much more than just looks; it is made to work.

Napapansin ko lang these past few days, nagiging madaldal nako. Pero don't get me wrong, sa isip lang naman. Asa naman kayong magdadaldal ako in person.

After a couple of minutes, the elevator stops. I can now see one of my million-dollar private jets. Tonight I'm going to use my Airbus A380. I'll visit that place using my jet since it is not in Asia anymore. It is in Paris, so basically we'll land at Le Bourget Airport.

I wear my jacket and mask and am preparing to take off. I wear a mask to hide my identity, not because I'm afraid to be seen.

"Young Lady, everything is ready. Are you ready for the takeoff?" Butler John asked.

"Yeah." Butler John may know that I'm part of that place, but he doesn't know about my position there. Aside from that, I'm wearing a different mask now, not the mask I used to wear every time I entered that place. This mask has a small button, and the moment I press it, the entire mask will change. I invented this one, yes. Haven't I told you? At least now you know.

Hours have passed, and I am now in Paris. I already contacted King about my arrival, so a lot of men in black can be seen inside the airport. That idiot, I told him I wanted to be low-key tsk.

"This way, Queen." Yes! They know me as their queen.

Butler John was left in the Jet. And now, I am being followed by a lot of the king's goons geez.

And finally, we have arrived. The goons are nowhere to be found. Umalis nalang sila basta. Ahh, it's so good to be back.

"Welcome back, my Queen." the idiot in front of me said.