Chapter 5 - Moving out

Hi Guys... I know it has been some time. But I was busy in updating my other story in wattpad. It is "What's happening to me?". I bet it is good than this story. I wish you give it a try :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahana's POV:

The next day, after going to college, I went to meet my Head of Department.

"Yes, Miss. Ahana, Tell me" he said.

"Sir, I would like to get transferred to our branch in Pune" I said.

"why?" he asked.

"Due to some family issues, I would like to move there. But I don't want to leave my job. I need it. So, can I please move to Pune and join our college branch there in Pune?" I asked politely.

"Even though, it is our college branch, it is in different state and is local to that state. It is not possible for me to take the decision alone" he said.

"And you are just saying that you would like to move there without even telling me a proper reason" he half yelled.

"I am sorry Sir. I would have told if I could. Please try to understand" I said pleadingly. He didn't reply anything.

"Sir, can you please ask our Principal" I requested. He sighed listening to my request. I can't blame him because I know I am asking out of blue and he is handling better than I expected. I am grateful for that.

"You write a letter and give it to me. I will see what I can do." he said.

"I know it is not possible to do it early, but can you try to make the process fast?" I asked nervously.

"WHAT? First you are telling that you want to move without a prior notice and now this?" he shouted.

"This is because of family... "I started.

"Everyone has one or the other issue. If I give you like this, then, everyone will come and ask me to give it to their home town if we open a branch in their places" he said angrily and continued, "Don't mix your personal and professional work. Since you are respectable Asst. Professor, I will consider this. Now you can go" he said dismissing me.

I don't know what to do. I just nodded, gave the letter and left. I have no other choice than to wait for their reply.

Later, at dinner time....

"I asked my HOD for transfer. He told that he will think about it but it takes time" I said.

"Takes time? How long? Is one year enough?" asked mom sarcastically.

"What can I do? They have their rules" I said, trying to explain to them.

"We don't want to know anything about that. We just want you out by tomorrow" she said and left the table.

I turned to dad and said, "I will stay in hostel. After I got my transfer orders, I will move out of Hyderabad" I said. He just nodded and left.

Just like I said to them, the next day, I left the house with my luggage. I packed as much as I can take with me because I don't know when I will come back. Yesterday, I looked for a hostel near to my college. I called them up and booked a bed. I went to that hostel. It is not good but at least I got some place to stay, even though it is not admission time. I paid her the month fee and told her I am going to move as early as possible. Being the kind woman she is, she let me stay and dint ask me for advance.

After a week, I got a call from HOD. I went into his cabin.

"Sir, have you called me?" I asked.