Chapter 30 - Engagement

Dev's POV:

Today is mine and Ahana's engagement. It means that half of the marriage is done. I couldn't stop the smile on my face. Soon I will marry the love of my life and keep her secluded in my arms and never let her go.

"Good to see you happy bro" said Bhavin and Nishi

"If it is for me, I would have married her at the time she accepted my proposal" I said making them all laugh.

"My son is all grown up and looking handsome" mom said kissing me on the forehead.

"Mom I am not a girl. I am going nowhere" I said pouting.

 I am going nowhere" I said pouting

"Let us get going. We have to be there on time" mom said and rushed us. But I know that she is excited to see Ahana and that is the reason she is rushing us because there is still so much of time for the function.

"Dev uncle" I heard Abhi calling me. I went to her and she gave me a flower kissing me on the cheek.

"Give this to Ahana aunty" she said. I kissed her on the cheek and said, "Sure just like you gave me, I will give her in the same way" I said winking. Everyone laughed.

"Poor Ahana. How she is going to bear him?!!" said Kaira and hi - fived Tanu. I glared at them.

"What is wrong with my poor boy. Don't bother him" came mom to my rescue but I can see her controlling her smile.

"Mom" I whined.

"Ok ok. Let us go" dad said and we all started. I can't wait to see my queen.

Ahana's POV:

Today is the engagement. I am excited. I wore a blue and pink lehenga which SIL chose for me. It is so beautiful. I thanked her for that.

"Ahana" said dad coming to my room along with Jay

"Ahana" said dad coming to my room along with Jay. SIL left the room to get ready.

"Yes" I said not showing any emotion.

"Ahana, I know I am not a good father. But I don't want you to marry someone you don't like" he said.

"Don't force yourself. We will take care of mom" said Jay. Suddenly what happened to them? I wondered.