Chapter 6

~in the car~

So I got stuck with Harry, Liam, Jess, Ashton, Logan and Sophia. We are going to the airport and flying to South Padre Island in Texas. My family and I used to live there and the water is perfect. Liam is driving and Sophia is in the passenger seat. Jess is behind Liam, Ashton is in the middle and Logan is behind Sophia. Harry and I are all the way in the back. Everyone is asleep other than Liam, Harry and I.

"I'm sorry Megan. I really didn't mean to tell her that you meant nothing. I just... I didn't want to lose someone that I thought I liked when I don't." Harry said breaking the silence.

"Don't worry Harry... It wasn't your fault... It was mine..." I said, I placed my head on his shoulder. He started humming a tune that I didn't recognize. I looked up at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"White lips

Pale face

Breathing in snow flakes

Burnt lungs

Sour taste

Light's gone

Days end

Stuggling to pay rent

Long nights

Strange men." He finished. His voice is raspy but sweet in the mornings. I decided to sing along too. Then Liam joined not long after I did.

"Meg: And they say

She's in the class A- Team

Lee: Stuck in her daydream

Been this way since 18

Haz: But lately her face seems

Slowly sinking wasteing

Meg: Crumbling like paistries

And they scream

Lee: 'The worst things in life come free to us.'

All: Cause we're just under the upperhand

And go mad for a couple grams

She don't wanna go outside tonight

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland

Or sells love to another man

It's too cold outside

For angels to fly

Megan: Angels to fly." We sang the rest of the song before we got to the airport. We boarded and left.

~12 hours later~

"Megan... Wake up Megan. We are about to land..." I heard Zayn say as I woke up. I could see the ocean under us and it was a beautiful aqua with blue in some parts.

~landed and got into the rental cars we had~

So we are in the same groups and in the same order as we were earlier. We got to the hotel in no time and unpacked everything. Ashton, Jess, Liam, Sophia, Ella, Harry and I are in one room, Calum, Chrissy, Claire, Michael, Alex and Logan in another, and Louis, Eleanor, Niall, Melodie, Zayn, Perrie, and Luke in the last one. There were three beds in the hotel room and two pull out couches. When we finished unpacking everyone changed into shorts and bathing suits and we left.

~at the beach~

"I missed this ocean!" I said as I dived in. The others jumped in after and we had fun all day that day. Harry and I were close again and that made me happy because he is one of my best friends.

Harry's POV

"Hey Meg can I ask you something?" I asked. We were lying on a towel looking at the sunset. I was asleep when she told the lads what love is.

"Yeah sure." She said, looking at me.

"What is love? Like... How do you know when you have it?" I asked. She sat up and looked at the sand, trying to find the words.

"Love is... Caring for someone or something else. Like I care about you all, which means I love you all. Your mum loves you too. She would do anything for you and she puts you ahead of herself. Love isn't a simple thing to explain... It's actually hard to explain it and even harder to keep. And I don't really know when you have it... I've only experienced it with my brother and sisters. I can show you what it is... If you want..." She finished as I nodded and sat up. She grabbed my hand and pointed at Liam and Sophia. Megan got powers too because I could see their hearts.

"What is that?" I said pointing to Sophia's heart which was brighter than Liam's heart, if he had one.

"That is love... Sophia loves him Haz but he was and is too blind to see it. Look at the others... The girls love the boys but they can't see it because they aren't looking deep enough... Haz... Look at my heart..." She said as I did. It was brighter than the others, I looked at mine and there was nothing there. Not even a speck.

"I love you Haz... You just never saw me as more than a friend... And even if you did... you always went for someone else." She said as she got up and left to sit with Ashton and Jess. Her heart dimmed a little before she let go of my hand. Is that supposed to happen?

Megan's POV

~flashback to that Monday the lads changed~

"Hey Taylor. I am really sorry. It was just a dare. I don't feel anything for Harry and he doesn't feel anything for me. Are you two together?" I said as she laughed which left me confused.

"Sweetie. Do you think I'm really that stupid? I know you like him and I know he will never love you. I curse you to be able to see how everybody feels and how strong from now on. I will add in that you can see if someone has something broken... So like an x-ray. That doesn't sound bad but you have a limited amount of time to live. You have until 11th grade to make the guys know what love is and have their hearts as bright as the girls or you die. I'm sorry I have to do this. Oh wait I'm not sorry. Toodles!" She said before leaving. I looked at my cheast and my heart was a bright pink. She wasn't kidding.

~flashback over~

"Hey guys... What's up?" I asked, Ashton and Jess giving me a concerned look. I felt kind of dizzy and I looked at my heart. It got darker and that hurts.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked as I shook my head and shrugged.

They knew I didn't want to talk so they changed the subject and started talking about gibberish. We left for the hotel a few hours later. The car ride was really awkward because I was sitting next to Harry and my phone and iPod died on me so I couldn't listen to music.