Chapter 37

"We have nicknames for the boys. They know them by heart too." Calum said, Ashton and him laughing.

"What's so funny?" Jess asked.

"For Dana it's dirty Diana, for Dalton it's Ravioli, for Will it's Chow from The Hangover, for Gabe it's Aladdin and for Cole it's Coke." Ashton blurted out. The IM5 boys stood 'amazed' while Ashton and Calum rolled on the floor laughing.

"You two are messed up." Jess said.

"How would you like it if I called you Robin Hood, Calum? Or Ashton Ireland?" I asked. The boys stopped laughing and apologized.

"I like this girl." Cole said. I blushed and laughed a little.

~2 weeks later~

*ring ring*

"Hello?" I said. It's 2 in the morning and someone has the nerve to wake me up.

"Adam's on his way to the hospital Megan." Ashton responded. I froze. It can't be his time yet.

"I'm on my way." I said and hung up. I slipped my sweats on and Calum's hoodie.

"Calum. Take me to the hospital. Adam is on his way." I said. I have been living with him because him and Chrissy are taking a break for a while. She moved to Los Angeles and he was broken that day.

"What?" He shot up from his bed. He got up and slipped his sweats and hoodie on.

"Let's go." He said. We ran downstairs and to the car.

"I hope he's okay." I said. I started to shake once we started pulling up to the hospital. I ran out of the car and to the doors.

"Where are we going?" Calum asked.

"The second floor." I said, reading Ashton's previous message. We ran up the stairs and walked into the waiting room. Ashton, Jess, Michael, Claire, Ella, Luke and Sophia were there.

"What happened? Where's Jasmine?" I asked.

"Jasmine is at her grandma's house. Adam knew this would happen so he told her to spend time with her grandmother." Claire said.

"Adam and I were having an eat off and he fell on the floor. I thought he was playing but I couldn't hear him breathing. I called 911 and they came in a matter of minutes. He didn't want to get the tumor removed Meg." Michael said.

"Why?"

"Because he knows he is going to die. He is accepting the fact that it's today." Luke responded.

"They are going to turn his life support off in an hour. He's been going in and out of consciousness. He's up if you wanna see him." Sophia said. I got up and walked to the room they told me to go to.

"Hello?" I asked. A head popped up and it was Adam. He smiled at me and motioned me over.

"Hey. Thank you for coming." He said, just above a whisper.

"I wouldn't miss it." I said.

"So what do you wanna talk about?"

"Hmmm... All the good memories you have had." I said. We had small talk and laughed some.

"Then I slipped and fell. The girl I was trying to impress looked back and giggled. She didn't even come over and help me. My friends were laughing but I was like 'Shut up fools.' You came over and helped me up. I was like 'Who dis chick?' But I got to know you that year and I've liked you since then. I thought you liked Niall so that's why I never asked you out." He said.

"Why does everyone say that I like him. Yes he is my big brother but that's all he will ever be." I said.

"Harsh much? Last time I checked he liked you." Adam said.

"Yeah he did. When did you find out you had a brain tumor? If you don't mind me asking." I asked.

"It was the same day I did that thing for the girl. It was the last period of the day that I did it. I remember walking home with you and you told me about yourself. I got home after dropping you off and the back of my head was wet. I touched it and I was bleeding. I told my mum and she took me to the hospital. They did a cat scan and found the tumor. Jasmine learned I had it when I was in the 9th grade."

"Was it scary?" I asked.

"It was at first but I got used to the fact that I'll die eventually. Kind of sucked when I couldn't do things other kids could do. Like I wanted to be a cheerleader because I could do stunts and stuff but I couldn't because of the tumor." He said.

"So who is Jasmine going with?" I asked, hoping it was me because I love that little girl.

"You. I think she would be better off with you because there is never a dull moment with you around. Sure I can give her to one of my family members but she doesn't have fun with them. She's at her grandma's house and I bet she is bored out of her mind. I forced her to go with her grandma. With you, I don't have to force her. When you asked if she wanted to go to the movies with you she said yes on the spot. She didn't have to think about it." He said.

"Excuse me. Ms. Payne. It's time." A nurse said before leaving the room.

"Come here." Adam said. I was crying at that point and I kissed him.

"I wish I could have had more of these." He said and I laughed.

"Here. Read it when you get home. I love you Megan. And I will always be watching over you." He said and handed me a letter. I hugged and kissed him again.

"I love you too Adam." I said before kissing him one last time and getting up.

"You can keep my jackets and stuff if you want. And Jasmine's stuff is packed so just go to my house and get it." He said before I closed the door. A nurse walked into the room as I walked to the waiting room. I fell onto the ground once I saw everyone.

"Megan. Megan." I heard multiple voices say before I blacked out.