Chapter 14

'Hey sis! I wanted to tell you that you and Riley are invited to the party. I hope I get to meet him! Please wear a dress and make sure he looks nice! Whelp I love you! Love, your lovely.'

"Where's Logan? I haven't seen her since last summer." Claire said as she finished getting ready.

"Logan moved to her grandma's house in California because she didn't get along with certain people here. She's coming too with my dad's side of the family." I said shrugging.

"Well we are all done... Do you want to wear contacts instead sweetie? The outfit looks better with them. And you would too." Danielle, Liam's girlfriend, said the last part under her breath, which kind of hurt.

"Excuse me?" I said, getting closer to her.

"Well it's true. You look like a nerd with no life that would get bullied. My mum told me to always be truthful." She said high and mighty.

"Well my momma taught me not to open my mouth if it's a negative comment. Ever heard of the saying 'If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all'? 'Cause it sure as hell doesn't seem like it." I said as Jess and Chrissy pulled me away and Liam walked in.

"Wow you girls look amazing. What's going on?" He asked as Jess and Chrissy let go of me.

"That girl you call a girlfriend. So if Liam were to wear glasses, you would dump him?" I asked.

"Well duh! I can't be seen with a 4 eyed freak... Besides, he doesn't wear any so no worries." She said, grabbing on to him but he pulled away.

"Okay then we're over. I wear glasses like Alex, Megan and Logan. You can show yourself the door or Meg can take you the hard way." He said, pointing to the door as she huffed and left.

"Thanks for opening my eyes Meg... What happened between you two?" He asked. I shoved Sophia on him.

"Umm... S-Sorry..." She said, getting up and sitting beside him.

"No it's alright... Are you the one who the girls have been telling me that has a crush on me?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Yes Liam! Could you be any stupider?! Should I wear my glasses or contacts?" I asked. Everyone laughed and Liam said that I looked beautiful either way. I chose the contacts and we left after the other boys did.

~about an hour later at the party~

"Hey Meg can I talk to you?" Zayn asked as I nodded and we sat down at a table in the corner.

"Have you been getting sleep?" He asked as I nodded. I lied. Since the boys left, I have had the same nightmare and I have gotten texts from my uncle that tell me he is getting closer.

"Be real with me Meg... Have you?" He asked as I shook my head. He sighed and stayed quiet for a few minutes.

"I haven't either love... Why haven't you?" He asked as I sighed.

"When I was younger and I lived with my mum... We used to get beat and raped by my uncle Miguel... I have nightmares about him coming back because he got out of prison last year and he is looking for me." I said as I felt the heat coming up onto my cheeks.

"You look sick Meg... You okay?" I nodded and left to get a drink.

I looked around and saw Harry twerking on Louis, Lou on Eleanor, Eleanor on Melodie, Melodie on Niall, and Niall on Liam. Ashton and Jess were dancing in a corner and talking, Calum, Michael, Chrissy and Claire are dancing in the middle and they are being weird, Perrie, Sophia and Logan were sitting down having a conversation, and Alex and Riley are singing on stage. I get my drink and I feel watched. I look around but no one is looking at me. One specific person stands out from the rest and I realized something. It was my uncle. I walk over to Harry who was drunk.